Club Orange on the Rotterdam

hmorrow

21 hours ago, C&K2Cruise said:

We were able to purchase Club Orange after we were already booked and had a V category cabin selected.  HAL refared us at the Obstructed Verandah (VH) rate and we were able to keep our V category cabin.  We are on a 21 day Carribbean cruise so CO was $15/day per person ...  $630 for the two of us but overall booking price (including CO) dropped by $710.  We saved a lot of $$$ and we were also able to switch to the Early Booking rate which includes HIA with crew appreciation fees included.   

I wonder who  you talked to, because I just got off the phone, with the club orange people, and they said absolutely not, they do not refare, etc. Would be helpful if you had a name, and was this recently? Thanks for your help.

8 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

The dedicated Club Orange people will only add Club Orange to an existing reservation.  If you want to change cabins, you have to call general reservations and they will change your cabin and add Club Orange.

no

I was trying to do exacatly what you did. Existing reservation, keep the same cabin I have but refare at the lower rate....

On 8/25/2022 at 5:57 PM, vicd1969 said:

If you are still onboard, please give a shout out to Franco and Elena from the big family group on the June 19 sailing.

I mentioned you to Elena yesterday. Were you a big group of 11?  Either way she was thrilled to hear your shout out!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hmorrow said:

no

I was trying to do exacatly what you did. Existing reservation, keep the same cabin I have but refare at the lower rate....

We did that for an upcoming NS cruise.  Originally booked a V category.  A few days later decided to add Club Orange so the HAL agent changed the booking to a VH obstructed balcony then immediately upgraded to the original V cabin we had booked.  Price came in $60 lower than original fare, and that was after the Club Orange fee.

We later need to make a small change and I mentioned the Club Orange accommodation they did for us...that agent said Club Orange wasn't supposed to do that so we had gotten lucky with that agent.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

The dedicated Club Orange people will only add Club Orange to an existing reservation.  If you want to change cabins, you have to call general reservations and they will change your cabin and add Club Orange.

That was not true for me earlier this year.  It may be now but hasn’t been my experience. The CO line did it all for me upgrade, change cabin again and again. I even looked at a cabin on a 7 and and 14 night Voyage not available on my 21 night voyage and had them combine them together to make it available for the 21 night. 

Edited by colin v
Completed my thought
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, colin v said:

That was not true for me earlier this year.  It may be now but hasn’t been my experience. The CO line did it all for me upgrade, change cabin again and again. I even looked at a cabin on a 7 and and 14 night Voyage not available on my 21 night voyage and had them combine them together to make it available for the 21 night. 

I guess I got the wrong guy....I'll have my travel agent try today......maybe he can get better results.

Edited by hmorrow

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

I guess I got the wrong guy....I'll have my travel agent try today......maybe he can get better results.

I think you’ll have better luck.  Because you are with a ta and want to “change” the reservation club orange probably can’t do that.  It sounds like the others booked with the cruise line directly but I could be wrong.  I’ve had to pay immediately for my club orange even when final payment wasn’t due.  This was true even when I booked directly.  Others have reported not having to.  Hal has different rules for everyone.

51 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I think you’ll have better luck.  Because you are with a ta and want to “change” the reservation club orange probably can’t do that.  It sounds like the others booked with the cruise line directly but I could be wrong.  I’ve had to pay immediately for my club orange even when final payment wasn’t due.  This was true even when I booked directly.  Others have reported not having to.  Hal has different rules for everyone.

I'll let ya'll know what happens. TA hasn't called me back, yet.

• Like 1

I just booked Holiday 2023 on the NA and upgraded to club orange.  Moved up from a VE to a V and still less than a V with no club orange.   It’s a great deal.  

I just called the regular number since the Personal Cruise Consultants were closed.  

The Agents on the line were great and knew how to handle everything about club orange

On 8/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, hmorrow said:

I wonder who  you talked to, because I just got off the phone, with the club orange people, and they said absolutely not, they do not refare, etc. Would be helpful if you had a name, and was this recently? Thanks for your help.

Actually I went through our Big Box TA ... have refared twice so far .  Once was to add Club Orange and yes we did have to pay up front for CO.  The second time was for a price drop on the obstructed veranda rate ... our fare is based on that rate even though we are in a V category cabin.  It was a fairly easy and quick process once I had explained what Club Orange was to the TA.  

• Like 2

So my TA called HAL, and they told him, Club Orange wasn't available for my sailing?? The day before it was???

Price did go down a little, though. This is the only reason I don't like using a TA. I think something is rotten in Denmark, and I'd like to get to the bottom of it, myself, and can't....Oh well. Specialties and MDR, it is.....

47 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

So my TA called HAL, and they told him, Club Orange wasn't available for my sailing?? The day before it was???

Price did go down a little, though. This is the only reason I don't like using a TA. I think something is rotten in Denmark, and I'd like to get to the bottom of it, myself, and can't....Oh well. Specialties and MDR, it is.....

That is ridiculous.  I agree on the TA.  The way people make it sound on cruise critic is that EVERY ta is absolutely amazing and every person (pcc or direct booker) is a dud.  You can save millions using a ta 😛.  I think both resources are on an even kiel.  Duds on both sides.  While club orange “may” be sold out I have my doubts.  How soon is your cruise?   I’m sorry if you already mentioned it.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Call HAL directly at 1-888-628-8107.  Even though I have a TA, I had a lot of questions re: Club Orange.  I called HAL at the number shown and they answered all my questions.  This is the office that handles Club Orange so they can tell you status on your cruise.  To actually book CO, you will have to go through your TA but you will have all the information you need.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That is ridiculous.  I agree on the TA.  The way people make it sound on cruise critic is that EVERY ta is absolutely amazing and every person (pcc or direct booker) is a dud.  You can save millions using a ta 😛.  I think both resources are on an even kiel.  Duds on both sides.  While club orange “may” be sold out I have my doubts.  How soon is your cruise?   I’m sorry if you already mentioned it.

not till march of 2023- I doubt it's sold out-(there's like, only 4 people on the roll call)

Edited by hmorrow

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'd be surprised for sure.  Good luck if you try to purchase it again.  That said i really enjoy the specialty restaurants. I do love club orange at breakfast.

It's just irritating, in regards to the TA. And, I have 4 cruises booked with him.....I'm gonna call again, tomorrow, and see for myself.

Edited by hmorrow
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 9:07 AM, *Miss G* said:

Luckily you can purchase Club Orange through the same number as the paid upgrades.  They are very knowledgeable at that number.

Contact 888-628-8107 between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday

1 hour ago, C&K2Cruise said:

Just to add ... I believe the HAL office that handles CO (Ship Inventory) may be only open M-F. 

Yes, posted a few days ago.^^  

1 hour ago, C&K2Cruise said:

Call HAL directly at 1-888-628-8107.  Even though I have a TA, I had a lot of questions re: Club Orange.  I called HAL at the number shown and they answered all my questions.  This is the office that handles Club Orange so they can tell you status on your cruise.  To actually book CO, you will have to go through your TA but you will have all the information you need.  

A question for you:  You say that the OP has to go through their TA.  Did you call HAL and that’s what they told you?

Edited by *Miss G*

23 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

not till march of 2023- I doubt it's sold out-

The response from your TA is baffling to me.  Can you cancel and rebook through HAL?  It seems you are being lead down the garden path.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

I called that number on Friday.  They said it was available, and would sell it to me, with no travel agent, involved, but they would NOT refare, to the obstructed view, and let me keep my same V that I originally booked. They said, Holland doesn't refare, period.  Lots of other people above were refared? Again , what you said, previously.  Different rules, for different people....

Yes, posted a few days ago.^^  

A question for you:  You say they the OP has to go through their TA.  Did you call HAL and that’s what they told you?

3 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

The responses from your TA is baffling to me.  Can you cancel and rebook through HAL?  It seems you are being lead down the garden path.

maybe. I'll decided tomorrow, after I find out if it is , or is not, available.  Might be worth it,, even if I lose the deposit,  because, I only put 200 down, as I booked onboard....And then transferred to TA. Just shoot me. lol.

Edited by hmorrow