Royal Food Questions

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m not sure if everyone will want to pack for formal night. Do you know what they serve in the Windjammer on formal night?  I did not see lobster on any of the menus online so I’m not sure what is served on formal night so I’m thinking they just may want to go to the buffet.

There is no real "formal nights" any longer. You will see everything including Short and t-shirts on formal night in the MDR. Please enjoy the MDR in your casual attire. 

Here's the line on Formal Night on the Wonder of the Seas. If there is something similar to this in your suitcase, you're fine. 

image.png.f09c6d15d0cb000f92ef3174a49f0e38.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No worries if not formal you can still go to MDR for lobster night.   You will see a lot of casually dressed people.  I feel like more people dress up for cruises in winter months than summertime.

Thank you. That’s what I was thinking too.

1 hour ago, Bleueyes44 said:

I thought that may be the case from your name.

I found the prime rib and beef tenderloin really good on Navigator.  Also try the Steak Diane  if they have it , so yummy. 

Don't worry about dressing up , hardly anyone does anymore.

Thank you. I will let everyone know about the steak Diane. I have a dairy allergy so there’s not too many sauces that I can have, unfortunately.

I have a totally unrelated question for you. Do you think they would let someone bring a 25 inch suitcase (medium size) onboard or do you have to check it?  

39 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Speaking of the strip steak, we were on Enchantment right before Covid sitting in the Diamond lounge one evening when the Hotel Director came to our table and asked how things were. My wife made a casual comment (not a real complaint) that she’d had the strip steak and it was so tough she couldn’t chew it. During the conversation, he asked our cabin number. 
The following night in the MDR, we were both brought Chops filets at no charge. 

That was super nice of him.  Sounds like great customer service.

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no real "formal nights" any longer. You will see everything including Short and t-shirts on formal night in the MDR. Please enjoy the MDR in your casual attire. 

Here's the line on Formal Night on the Wonder of the Seas. If there is something similar to this in your suitcase, you're fine. 

I will probably be right in the middle with a kneelength dress. Thank you so much for sharing this.  

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I wonder what`s in that backpack that you could possibly need in the dining room .🤣

17 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. I will let everyone know about the steak Diane. I have a dairy allergy so there’s not too many sauces that I can have, unfortunately.

I have a totally unrelated question for you. Do you think they would let someone bring a 25 inch suitcase (medium size) onboard or do you have to check it?  

I always check mine , i think its too big for a carry on .

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My guess is that they were in Port and were about to miss dinner?  

I think you nailed it . I never cut anything that close that i dont have 10 minutes

to spare to go back to the room . Thats why it never entered my mind.🙂

• Like 1

While at Chops a couple of weeks ago I ordered the rib eye and my son ordered the filet. The filet was 100x better!  The next day we had lunch in Chops and I had the filet.  I am still dreaming about that meal.  I think the filet is worth the up charge!  The times I have had steak or Prime Rib in the MDR they are usually okay. Good but nothing to dream about when I get home.  However, most of the meals in the MDR are pretty good and the service is always the best.  We had the UDP this time and I missed getting to know our food servers.  By the second night we usually have our drinks and bread on the table when we arrive. We have always met the most amazing people/servers in the MDR.  I’m always amazed how they share the story of their lives and families with us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

While at Chops a couple of weeks ago I ordered the rib eye and my son ordered the filet. The filet was 100x better!  The next day we had lunch in Chops and I had the filet.  I am still dreaming about that meal.  I think the filet is worth the up charge!  The times I have had steak or Prime Rib in the MDR they are usually okay. Good but nothing to dream about when I get home.  However, most of the meals in the MDR are pretty good and the service is always the best.  We had the UDP this time and I missed getting to know our food servers.  By the second night we usually have our drinks and bread on the table when we arrive. We have always met the most amazing people/servers in the MDR.  I’m always amazed how they share the story of their lives and families with us. 

We bought the UDP for our next cruise and will likely not step food in the MDR.  I, too, am afraid we might miss the servers and grandeur of the 3-story venue.  But we are both big steak lovers - we eat steak about two times a week, once in a restaurant, and once grilled out at home, like we did tonight (Costco USDA Prime).  I've always enjoyed the steaks at Chops, but I almost like Giovanni's filet even better.  I've had some really good steaks at many famous places around the country, but honestly, it does not take much to impress me as long as it's a decent cut of meat and cooked medium rare with just a small bit of seasoning (salt, pepper, coffee, butter, olive oil, etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Carry on luggage had to fit through an x-ray machine kind of like what the airport uses. Besides that unless you are arriving late the rooms aren't  ready till around 2:00 and you'd have to drag it around with you. 

• Thanks 1