HIA Drink Package in Specialty Restaurants?

klocke12

I know that the HIA includes drinks $11 and under, but do they allow you to order drinks in the specialty restaurants (Pinnacle, Tamarind)? Or are the drinks in those restaurants an extra charge?

Also, just for fun...what are some of your favorite mixed drinks to order on HAL? (*Yes, I have seen the website with the bar menus.)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Specialty restaurants have their own special drinks but you can order off of the regular bar menu as well.  You will still pay full price for any drink that costs more than $11 or $15, depending on what beverage package you have purchased.

• Thanks 1

You may order drinks in all of the specialty restaurants using your drink plan. As mentioned, you might want to look at the wine and drink list...you might find drinks not available elsewhere on the ship. On our last cruise, we found a champagne in Tamarind not available anywhere else on the ship, and it fit our drink plan.

• Like 1

As others have said specialty restaurant drinks are included. My husband found a wine he likes that is only served at Sel-de-Mer he was able to get a glass with out having a reservation, just asked the maitre de at the door.
Some of my favourite drinks are at the tamarind, The Emperors Nectar and The Wasabi Cocktail (this one doesn’t taste like wasabi, but it is served with a whole lychee that is soaked(?) in wasabi, that was a bit of shock when I put the whole think in my mouth! Haha) These can be ordered at the Tamarind bar without a reservation. 
My old favourite was the fashionista, it’s been removed from the menu but sometimes you’ll find a bartender that remembers how to make it. A good substitute is the raspberry lemonade at billboard or Roadhouse Drop at BB Kings. 

Of course you can’t beat a blended drink around the pool on a hot day, especially a Miami Vice (half pina colada half strawberry daiquiri)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruiseCruiseCruise13 said:

As others have said specialty restaurant drinks are included. My husband found a wine he likes that is only served at Sel-de-Mer he was able to get a glass with out having a reservation, just asked the maitre de at the door.
Some of my favourite drinks are at the tamarind, The Emperors Nectar and The Wasabi Cocktail (this one doesn’t taste like wasabi, but it is served with a whole lychee that is soaked(?) in wasabi, that was a bit of shock when I put the whole think in my mouth! Haha) These can be ordered at the Tamarind bar without a reservation. 
My old favourite was the fashionista, it’s been removed from the menu but sometimes you’ll find a bartender that remembers how to make it. A good substitute is the raspberry lemonade at billboard or Roadhouse Drop at BB Kings. 

Of course you can’t beat a blended drink around the pool on a hot day, especially a Miami Vice (half pina colada half strawberry daiquiri)

I had the same experience with the wasabi cocktail but I really enjoy it.  Its a fav for sure.

• Like 1