Solo D+ BOGO specialty restaurant

6 minutes ago, Smokey Mountain Tim said:

I am traveling solo and am D+.

Will I be able to take advantage of this perk on two separate nights? 

If so, can they be used on any night?

Possibility of being 50% off on only one night.

Thanks in advance.

I have read of others paying night 1 and being able to use the free night on night 2.  Whether you can use your free night on another night will vary by ship as a few ships allow this while many do not.

20 minutes ago, Smokey Mountain Tim said:

Thanks for the quick reply Ken.

I asked if I could use the free for a different night and the person at the SR was very accommodating.  Used this method many times.

You have nothing to lose by asking.

Edited by nelblu

It really depends on the ship.  

One time I had plans on night one and the ship was very strict about only using it on night 1 & 2.  Other ships have been more accommodating.  In the strictest sense the policy says night 1 & 2 only so if you are on a strict ship they have policy on their side.  

I did have a new crew member recently tell me its for couples only and as a solo I can't use the BOGO.  I know that isn't right but he was adamant.  I thanked him and walked to a different restaurant who gladly made my two reservations on night 1 & 2 as a solo.   

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I did have a new crew member recently tell me its for couples only and as a solo I can't use the BOGO.  I know that isn't right but he was adamant.  I thanked him and walked to a different restaurant who gladly made my two reservations on night 1 & 2 as a solo.

On board version of hang up and call again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I've had good luck on Navigator, Allure, and Symphony with using my coupon on a different night.  I go to the restaurant on the first day and tell them my plans, and they process the charge the first night (because the coupon disappears from their system after the second night), and I get a bill for $0.00 to sign on the night I use the actual coupon.  

If it's a really busy ship, I could see them being sticklers about having to use it on the first or second night, but Explorer won't be busy in October (no, I'm not a stalker -- I recognize you from the roll call thread!) and I can't imagine they'd have a problem with it.