E-Cigs banned in Singapore. What did you do ?

ronpes

This might sound like a daft question but I’ll ask anyway. 

My wife uses an E-cig, and we are scheduled to stay two nights in Singapore on our way home from Australia.

I see however that in Singapore that e-cigs / vapes etc are completely banned, so we will have to discard them before we leave Melbourne. 

The obvious alternative would be nicotine patches as my wife does not want to go back to cigarettes, even for a very short period of time.

I am curious to know if others have had the same issue and would like to know what worked best for them.

Thank you. 

Ok so now that I have looked into this in more detail, it appears that there are no alternatives allowed ie Patches, Lozenges, ie all tobacco "delivery systems" are banned. 

It appears we will have to totally discard all items before we leave Australia and then probably purchase one pack of cigarettes to get through our short stay until we leave. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even if you bring in cigarettes, you'd have to declare it and pay tax. If you're caught trying to smuggle them in, you'll be given a very hefty fine. Happened to quite a few of us. I'm from Malaysia, and we used to go in Singapore very often. Every person is only allowed to bring in 19 sticks (pack of 20, less 1 stick) of cigarette, or if you bring in a pack of 10, it has to be 9. Nothing more than packet minus 1 stick, and not more than 19 total.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2022 at 9:51 AM, wilson83 said:

Even if you bring in cigarettes, you'd have to declare it and pay tax. If you're caught trying to smuggle them in, you'll be given a very hefty fine. Happened to quite a few of us. I'm from Malaysia, and we used to go in Singapore very often. Every person is only allowed to bring in 19 sticks (pack of 20, less 1 stick) of cigarette, or if you bring in a pack of 10, it has to be 9. Nothing more than packet minus 1 stick, and not more than 19 total.

Thank you for your comments.  Now that our trip is over, what we did was completely discard the e-cigs and fuel etc before we boarded our flight from Australia so that when we arrived in Singapore we had none in our possession. After checking into our Hotel we found a local shop and my wife simply purchased a packet of cigarettes.  

On 10/5/2022 at 7:01 PM, TequilaJane said:

You would think Singapore had bigger problems to deal with than worrying about nicotine. 

Chewing gum is also banned, SGD$1000 fine if caught spitting it out OR spitting in general.

• 2 weeks later...