Coral Princess Specialty Dining Costs please

$40pp - Bayou Cafe. 

$32pp - Sabattini's 

Personally, I haven't had either on Coral Princess, but have enjoyed both on other ships.

They have been much talked about on recent "live" threads, with quite a bit of food chatter here - 

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

$40pp - Bayou Cafe. 

$32pp - Sabattini's 

Personally, I haven't had either on Coral Princess, but have enjoyed both on other ships.

They have been much talked about on recent "live" threads, with quite a bit of food chatter here - 

We really enjoyed both with bayou being favourite and I ate same dish 3 Times it was so yum. Not just ave prawn dish but most amazing tastes and textures to me🥰

• Like 1

We preferred Sabatinis, there are some very interesting dishes on their menu.

The Bayou is essentially a steakhouse now. It does have excellent lobster though. But I think we were unlucky with where our table was in the Bayou - we were to the right of the entrance with a very noisy group seated near us. There was zero ambience and we couldn't get out of there quick enough!

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Bayou is essentially a steakhouse now. It does have excellent lobster though. But I think we were unlucky with where our table was in the Bayou - we were to the right of the entrance with a very noisy group seated near us. There was zero ambience and we couldn't get out of there quick enough!

Good point. Crown Grill is a more intimate setup than Bayou Cafe, which is indeed setup like a cafe. An intimate menu in a cafe is a bit of a mismatch.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You must have been unlucky - we had a great table and no noisy neighbours. In fact we thought the ambience was better at Bayou than Sabatini's - guess it's the luck of the draw.

• Like 1

Looking at these prices compared to RCI specialty dinning I just shake my head, how they can justify when compared to Princess I just cannot fathom, happy to pay a premium for this type of dining and expect to do so for the extra quality and service but when they charge as RCI do about $110pp for Chops Grill, is it so much better than Crown Grill at a third of the price???? Not even close, about the same in my experience, Jamie’s Italian is on a 15% discount in my Cruise planner at $73, Wonderland on the same deal at $87………And Chops grill, get in quick as its discounted to $95.

Looking forward to our RCI cruise but geez im not sure I will book them again if such a high price differential is ongoing as its not just dinning but across the board they are more expensive then Carnival group lines like HAL and Princess who are just as good, hell even Cunard and Azamara Specialty dinning is significantly cheaper.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Looking at these prices compared to RCI specialty dinning I just shake my head, how they can justify when compared to Princess I just cannot fathom, happy to pay a premium for this type of dining and expect to do so for the extra quality and service but when they charge as RCI do about $110pp for Chops Grill, is it so much better than Crown Grill at a third of the price???? Not even close, about the same in my experience, Jamie’s Italian is on a 15% discount in my Cruise planner at $73, Wonderland on the same deal at $87………And Chops grill, get in quick as its discounted to $95.

Looking forward to our RCI cruise but geez im not sure I will book them again if such a high price differential is ongoing as its not just dinning but across the board they are more expensive then Carnival group lines like HAL and Princess who are just as good, hell even Cunard and Azamara Specialty dinning is significantly cheaper.

Given those prices, I would pay extra for a junior suite to dine at Coastal Kitchen each night, or a suite to have the option of all meals there and concierge lounge drinks. Sample menu - 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/coastal-kitchen-menu-sample.pdf

Wonderland is an experience - once, and I don't consider Jamie's to be fine dining. On Royal, we have preferred Chops (at $50 to $60). Nice layout and great service, but for what is on the plate, we have had more memorable steakhouse meals on Princess, P&O, Celebrity & NCL.

We were looking to book on Quantum early next year, but picked Majestic Princess instead, where we could get a drinks package included for less than the Quantum fare. Hopefully it will settle down next season, but till then I too scratch my head and baulk at the add-on prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammer61 said:

Just curious on the price of Chef's Table, and if you need a security clearance from your bank before booking it?

5 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

You must have been unlucky - we had a great table and no noisy neighbours. In fact we thought the ambience was better at Bayou than Sabatini's - guess it's the luck of the draw.

I think we were unlucky unfortunately. The area we were in was probably the worst place in the whole restaurant.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

True but good pizza

I'll let you know what we think of it. We're a bit spoilt at home re pizza, we have one of Australia's best Neopolitan pizza restaurants  locally - Via Napoli. The owner, Luigi, trained as a Pizziola in Naples, where he grew up. 

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Given those prices, I would pay extra for a junior suite to dine at Coastal Kitchen each night, or a suite to have the option of all meals there and concierge lounge drinks. Sample menu - 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/coastal-kitchen-menu-sample.pdf

Wonderland is an experience - once, and I don't consider Jamie's to be fine dining. On Royal, we have preferred Chops (at $50 to $60). Nice layout and great service, but for what is on the plate, we have had more memorable steakhouse meals on Princess, P&O, Celebrity & NCL.

We were looking to book on Quantum early next year, but picked Majestic Princess instead, where we could get a drinks package included for less than the Quantum fare. Hopefully it will settle down next season, but till then I too scratch my head and baulk at the add-on prices.

Coastal kitchen in a JS is not automatic, it depends on the number of suite bookings. We have been fortunate, but know of many who have not been as fortunate and have more diamond + points than us.

7 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Coastal kitchen in a JS is not automatic, it depends on the number of suite bookings. We have been fortunate, but know of many who have not been as fortunate and have more diamond + points than us.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't a given, but from a suite the nights we dined there were rather quiet. I wasn't aware that diamond plus points came into it, and it was only Pinnacle that had an entitlement to dine there based on C&A status.

It is a major plus to their suites, as the food is at least as good as the specialty restaurants, and is nice & relaxed.

10 hours ago, resordanis said:

Similarly with Diamond access, depends on numbers.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:12 PM, arxcards said:

Just curious on the price of Chef's Table, and if you need a security clearance from your bank before booking it?

I did the chefs table recently I think it cost me $120, but I was not as impressed as I have been with other chefs Tables, I found most meals were not that impressive. I loved the Bayou though

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

A mere $146.28 on my cruise planner if you pre book before boarding, thats a 15% discount as well, get in quick.............. 

In comparison, that is pretty good compared to Chops - that is if it still includes a cocktail to start and paired wines with each dish.