Aqua Therapy Center Status on QM2

gkerlin

Just checking in with some who’ve been on board recently, to see what the current status is regarding the aqua therapy center.

Previously, my understanding is that they were selling limited passes for the week with strict appointment times.

Just curious if it has loosened up some and what sort of passes are currently being sold. We’ll be making the westbound on October 18 and always like to get the week pass

1 hour ago, gkerlin said:

Just checking in with some who’ve been on board recently, to see what the current status is regarding the aqua therapy center.

Previously, my understanding is that they were selling limited passes for the week with strict appointment times.

Just curious if it has loosened up some and what sort of passes are currently being sold. We’ll be making the westbound on October 18 and always like to get the week pass

No, they are still selling a limited number of weekly passes with a 2 hour time slot each day. 

I don't know how it will be on QM2, but on QE in June, I bought a pass for the whole voyage as part of my list of "things to do on embarkation day." I made an appointment for the next day. After the first day, it occurred to me that remembering to make appointments every day would be a nuisance. So I looked at the schedule and my shore plans and made a list of times that would be convenient. I booked all those times in one go. A few days later, when we were talking about the spa at dinner, one couple said they bought a pass and were disappointed at the poor choice of times available. So I was glad I made my choices early. 

I'm on board now and had booked a massage on MyCunard. It says somewhere on there that if you book a massage you get free entry to the Aqua Therapy Centre on the day of your booking but we went a few hours before and were told this is not the case and we weren't allowed in. I now can't get back on MyCunard as our trip has begun. Very annoying! 

30 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

It's probably too late but this is what My Cunard says 

Screenshot_20220906-143529.png

I'm not sure if this is current though regarding the use of day passes. It was pre covid, as we've often used the spa a couple of times per day, but when we enquired at the spa reception when we embarked (QM2) on the 21st August, we were told that the pass was only valid for a 2 hr slot per day.  I have to say that the spa manager's customer service skills weren't the best we encountered so maybe they were applying the rules arbitrarily. 

They likely introduces the fixed two hour time slots to manage spa capacity - likely something that is no longer needed [if it ever was needed].

For 'recent' crossings [2017 & 2019] I think the peak number of folks I observed in the 'thermal suite' area was under 10 at any one time.

I think I will also take a printout of the day pass description and price list - likely without result, but it can't hurt to try.

1 minute ago, Golfwidow100 said:

I'm not sure if this is current though regarding the use of day passes. It was pre covid, as we've often used the spa a couple of times per day, but when we enquired at the spa reception when we embarked (QM2) on the 21st August, we were told that the pass was only valid for a 2 hr slot per day.  I have to say that the spa manager's customer service skills weren't the best we encountered so maybe they were applying the rules arbitrarily. 

I'm sure you're right but that's what the current site shows so they should honour it or get it changed.

• Like 1