EZ Air and B2B

dreaminofcruisin

Guessing this has been asked and answered, but the search function is less than helpful...

I just booked my first B2B (both 7 days).

When flights become available in EZ Air, is the correct way to do this just to book the flights in the first cruise coming home 7 days after the end of that cruise to accomodate the next cruise? Or what has been your experience?

TIA

I recommend booking one way to the cruise for the first cruise and one way home from the second cruise instead of booking a round trip 7 days late for the first cruise. Usually, you don't save anything by booking a round trip.

This gives you additional flexibility to change flights if prices or schedules are available later. If you book a round trip on EZAir, then you can't change flights in one direction without booking both directions, and the other direction may not be available or may have increased fare.

It also gives you more protection in case there is a late arrival on the second cruise causing you to miss your flight. If you booked Princess EZAir home from that cruise, then it's their problem to get you home. If you booked a return flight 7 days after your first cruise, then you would have no protection against a late arrival for the second cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Assume you have two booking numbers.

When you go into EZ Air for the first voyage of the b2b EZ air will indicate that you are not flying home after the cruise. I forgot the exact wording. You then book the one way flight.

For the second cruise EZ Air will know that you are already at the port. It will only provide the option for a return flight.

Bottom line two one way flights. 

• Like 1

OK. Thanks. I will look at that when it opens. SInce this isn't until October 2023, hopefully airlines improve by then. I live in "Delta" world with usually very few options. I know that this summer had I tried to book directly on Delta's website, the price for one way was the same as round trip, meaning it would cost me double. I didn't actually try it on EZ Air, so maybe it will be different. As it turned out, my last cruise (international)  I ended up coming home on Iceland Air after Virgin Atlantic cancelled mine, which was interesting....

40 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

OK. Thanks. I will look at that when it opens. Since this isn't until October 2023, hopefully airlines improve by then. I live in "Delta" world with usually very few options. I know that this summer had I tried to book directly on Delta's website, the price for one way was the same as round trip, meaning it would cost me double. I didn't actually try it on EZ Air, so maybe it will be different. As it turned out, my last cruise (international)  I ended up coming home on Iceland Air after Virgin Atlantic cancelled mine, which was interesting....

Just to clarify, you have the correct information from @skynight.  If your two bookings are properly linked by the reservation agent, or your TA, in POLAR system, then you won't even be offered or able to book a return flight in the Cruise Personalizer for the first voyage segment.  When you go into the second voyage segment, you will not be able to book a flight TO the port - only the return flight home.

Because this is EZ-Air - even for international - you won't find those HUGE upcharges for booking one-way flights and should find good pricing options. 

I know you are a Delta FF, but there are partner airlines that might suit for overseas.  I was going to make point for others that there is a beauty to the ability to book as two one-ways:

1.  Easy to pick different airlines if pricing, equipment, and schedule is attractive.

2. More important, you can watch for fare drops and re-fare each direction independently.

3. You can book the outbound flight as soon as your departure date becomes available and not have to wait until 330 days from the final disembark date.  You then book the return the day it opens up.

#2 is critical - I was re-faring our upcoming flights to and from Italy at different times and only ever one of the directions was attractive at any point in time.  In the end, I had managed to secure the lowest Business fares possible since flights became available for our voyages. 

In truth, I'd now be somewhat unhappy to have a single trip voyage in Europe and have to book round trip in EZ-Air.

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Just to clarify, you have the correct information from @skynight.  If your two bookings are properly linked by the reservation agent, or your TA, in POLAR system, then you won't even be offered or able to book a return flight in the Cruise Personalizer for the first voyage segment.  When you go into the second voyage segment, you will not be able to book a flight TO the port - only the return flight home.

Because this is EZ-Air - even for international - you won't find those HUGE upcharges for booking one-way flights and should find good pricing options. 

I know you are a Delta FF, but there are partner airlines that might suit for overseas.  I was going to make point for others that there is a beauty to the ability to book as two one-ways:

1.  Easy to pick different airlines if pricing, equipment, and schedule is attractive.

2. More important, you can watch for fare drops and re-fare each direction independently.

3. You can book the outbound flight as soon as your departure date becomes available and not have to wait until 330 days from the final disembark date.  You then book the return the day it opens up.

#2 is critical - I was re-faring our upcoming flights to and from Italy at different times and only ever one of the directions was attractive at any point in time.  In the end, I had managed to secure the lowest Business fares possible since flights became available for our voyages. 

In truth, I'd now be somewhat unhappy to have a single trip voyage in Europe and have to book round trip in EZ-Air.

Thanks for the extra explanation. I think I was 'missing' part of it as you indicated.

I do see how this could be an advantage to be able to re-book only one of the flights. I have 'wished' I could do that in the past also. I actually originally booked the 14 day cruise not realizing that it was offered as 2 - 7 day cruises (no repeat ports - Mediterranean). I realized today when I was re-booking for a price drop that the other advantage with the Love Boat sale was by booking as 2 cruises, we each got 2 - $100 excursion OBC. We don't take a lot of Princess excursions....but with the available $, we will likely find some to use it on!  This is the first time I have done a B2B and I see there are many things to consider. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Thanks for the extra explanation. I think I was 'missing' part of it as you indicated.

I do see how this could be an advantage to be able to re-book only one of the flights. I have 'wished' I could do that in the past also. I actually originally booked the 14 day cruise not realizing that it was offered as 2 - 7 day cruises (no repeat ports - Mediterranean). I realized today when I was re-booking for a price drop that the other advantage with the Love Boat sale was by booking as 2 cruises, we each got 2 - $100 excursion OBC. We don't take a lot of Princess excursions....but with the available $, we will likely find some to use it on!  This is the first time I have done a B2B and I see there are many things to consider. 

Thanks.

When I have the option, I price it both ways and then make a decision. Shareholder and military OBC are better for a single 14-day cruise ($500 total) instead of two 7-day cruises ($400 total). Sometimes the fares are better one way and sometimes the other way. Also, some cabins are only available for the 14-day cruise, and some are only available for the 7-day cruises.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's interesting.  We have our first B2B cruises coming up Oct 1 and while it shows up in the Medallion app as one cruise (i.e book dining for both cruises once, etc.) I had the option to book R/T EZAir tickets.  I booked one way since the price was the same.  I guess my TA didn't link them properly.