Neptune Suite Breakfast on the Westerdam

sea_la_vie

4 hours ago, Mosaic said:

And, btw, yes, this is a downgrade for Neptune guests....

Maybe.  I had a Neptune Suite on my last cruise.  It was on a signature ship so no club orange. My breakfast was light years better food and service wise in club orange on the koningsdam.  I couldn't get anything served hot in the pinnacle.  No problem in club orange.  It wasn't just me.  I heard other guests saying the food was cold. I did mention it wasn't hot to the manager.  He said it wouldn't happen again. I guess he meant until the next day.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

44 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Yes, knew about the Lido Marketplace and just learned that NY Deli has bagels, so another good option.

Those of you that have had breakfast and dinner in Club Orange, is it at least a pretty nice experience? Other than the extra menu option at dinner, is it more intimate, better service, etc.? What sets it apart from the MDR?

(Sorry, first time sailing with HAL, this is all new to us.)

I love club orange.  Not sure what you mean by intimate.  It’s a smaller room and the service and food easily beats the pinnacle.  The pinnacle for breakfast used to be an upscale experience with experienced waiters.  Now, it’s completely changed based on my last several visits.  They run around like chickens with their heads cut off accomplishing nothing. The mdr is generally packed depending on when you go with tons of noise. I don’t enjoy that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I love club orange.  Not sure what you mean by intimate.  It’s a smaller room and the service and food easily beats the pinnacle.  The pinnacle for breakfast used to be an upscale experience with experienced waiters.  Now, it’s completely changed based on my last several visits.  They run around like chickens with their heads cut off accomplishing nothing. The mdr is generally packed depending on when you go with tons of noise. I don’t enjoy that.

I guess by intimate I meant smaller. Thanks for replying!

56 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Yes, knew about the Lido Marketplace and just learned that NY Deli has bagels, so another good option.

Those of you that have had breakfast and dinner in Club Orange, is it at least a pretty nice experience? Other than the extra menu option at dinner, is it more intimate, better service, etc.? What sets it apart from the MDR?

About 1/4th of one level of Main Dining Room (MDR) on Nieuw Statendam

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-onboard-images-1/IMG_3228.jpg

All of Club Orange

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-onboard-images-1/IMG_3017.jpg

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-onboard-images-1/IMG_3047.jpg

An MDR breakfast is cooked in the kitchen with some items pre-cooked.  You can watch your breakfast being cooked in Club Orange.

Not well known, but NY Dell & Pizza has cooked-to-order (not from a steam table) breakfast in addition to bagels.

NY Del & Pizza Breakfast Menu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, jules815 said:

Personally, I enjoy the separate CO dining area as it is much quieter than the Main Dining Room.  Plus, having a chef nearby comes in handy if there is an issue with your meal (I have had this happen).

• Like 1

What time does the Pinnacle Grill open and close for breakfast on the Westerdam? We just got upgraded to a Neptune suite on the Westerdam. How does the dinning work now that we are in a suite? Do we go to Club Orange or is there a special dinning area for those in suites?

54 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

What time does the Pinnacle Grill open and close for breakfast on the Westerdam? We just got upgraded to a Neptune suite on the Westerdam. How does the dinning work now that we are in a suite? Do we go to Club Orange or is there a special dinning area for those in suites?

The Pinnacle Grill follows the same breakfast hours as the dining room does. Check your Daily Program, as the hours vary a little on sea days from port days. 

The Westerdam has no Club Orange separate dining room, so you will use a separate entrance to the dining room when you go to dinner, assuming you have open seating and don't have a reservation. People using that entrance will be seated first, and given the menu with the additional selection on it.