Hotel for beach/pool access

swissh40

I know day passes are few and far between on the island.

As a thank you for watching my parent’s dog for a few weeks while they were out of town, my parents would like to treat me (and my travel mate) to a hotel room on Bermuda so we can access a beach with amenities and a pool for 2 of the days we are docked.

we will be on Bermuda the 25-27 of October and was thinking of getting a room for the 26-27. I have a room booked at the st Regis, but with the ferry not going there I am reaching out to see if someone in the know on here would recommend something different (or a different way of doing things). Some of the hotels seem to be fully booked that day, but if anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears.

I am fair skinned and need a chair/umbrella and bathroom access. My travel companion loves the beach and a pool. We like to snorkel off the beach and want a relaxing vacation as this is our first since Covid and don’t feel like dealing with taxing/bussing all around the island this trip (which we normally do on islands). 

thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, swissh40 said:

I know day passes are few and far between on the island.

As a thank you for watching my parent’s dog for a few weeks while they were out of town, my parents would like to treat me (and my travel mate) to a hotel room on Bermuda so we can access a beach with amenities and a pool for 2 of the days we are docked.

we will be on Bermuda the 25-27 of October and was thinking of getting a room for the 26-27. I have a room booked at the st Regis, but with the ferry not going there I am reaching out to see if someone in the know on here would recommend something different (or a different way of doing things). Some of the hotels seem to be fully booked that day, but if anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears.

I am fair skinned and need a chair/umbrella and bathroom access. My travel companion loves the beach and a pool. We like to snorkel off the beach and want a relaxing vacation as this is our first since Covid and don’t feel like dealing with taxing/bussing all around the island this trip (which we normally do on islands). 

thanks in advance 

Hello swissh40,

We are also getting off the ship and taking the ferry to Hamilton and staying at the Hamilton Princess Hotel for one night.  They have a complimentary shuttle to their own beach on Sinky Beach.  

4 hours ago, swissh40 said:

I have a room booked at the st Regis, but with the ferry not going there I am reaching out to see if someone in the know on here would recommend something different (or a different way of doing things). Some of the hotels seem to be fully booked that day, but if anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears.

The St Regis is new and quite nice but if you are ok with spending St Regis money, the nicest beach club and most likely nicest (de facto semi private) stretch of beach on the island belongs to the Rosewood. There isn't quite anything like it. Really great restaurant/bar and two nice freshwater pools (one is adults only, which is magic). I've stayed at both properties and overall I think the vibe, beach club, and F&B offerings put the Rosewood over the St Regis (and thats coming from someone who's pretty loyal to Marriott offerings). 

Also the Rosewood is quite a bit closer to Hamilton than the St Regis is-- about half as far. 

The Fairmont Hamilton Princess' beach is in a cove so lacks surf and frankly is just ok. The Hamilton Princess is mainly a high end corporate hotel for insurance folks doing business on the island-- its very expensive for what you end up with. The StR and Rosewood can be even more expensive, but you get what you pay for at both where I don't think thats the case in my experience with the Hamilton Princess. 

The Fairmont Southampton's beach setup was/is actually better than the Hamilton Princess IMO but the Fairmont Southampton currently remains closed. The Southampton property would have been a slam dunk in this scenario-- reasonably close to the Dockyard, great beach setup, and a more reasonable price point than the St Regis or Rosewood. 

If you want to just book something that is going to be a fantastic, no compromise beach day, followed by a night in a wonderful 5 star resort, check out the Rosewood. You can take the ferry to Hamilton and then take a taxi to Tucker's Point where the resort is located.