Classic Drinks Package question

drevil0208

I'm just looking at some bar menus for various places on the Apex... some of the venues (including all 4 main dining rooms), on their menus only have wine and cocktails over $9.  Is this all that is available in these places?  Or is it possible to get wine etc that would be $9 or less so it's fully covered by the plan in all of these places?  

Thanks

There are wines at or under the $9 price in all the MDRs, and most other venues.  Tell the person serving you that you have the Classic package and the type of wine you would like or ask what they have available.

I just checked the app for one of our upcoming cruises when I go to the MDRs and select one of the 4 and then Menu, then go to Wine  I see  8 white wines in the Classic Package and 9 red wines plus a Proseco.

I did the math as to how many "above $9" drinks I would have to do to make upgrading "worthwhile". The difference seems (now) to be $14/day plus 20% minus any CC discount you might get. For the sake of argument, let's go on the low side of $15/day.

if you had wine or a martini for $12.....you would pay an extra $3+gratuities = $3.6. To go over the $15 mark, you would have to have more than 4 per day......in addition to any under $9 drinks you might want. You'd have to drink more if you had a $10 Slush or a $10 glass of wine.

if you have a port day, you might not be drinking as much on that day, so you'd have to "catch up" on a sea day.

We've always done the premium package, but have the classic this time around and I plan to pay the difference. I'm not a huge drinker to begin with and 4+   per day is a bit much for me. YMMV

11 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

is it possible to get wine etc that would be $9 or less so it's fully covered by the plan in all of these places?  

If you ask for something in your package, they'll give something in your package.

12 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

is it possible to get wine etc that would be $9 or less so it's fully covered by the plan in all of these places?  

Possible? Sure. Drinkable? Not so sure. I've said before, if one is a wine drinker, the decision to upgrade to the PBP is an easy one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RichYak said:

Possible? Sure. Drinkable? Not so sure. I've said before, if one is a wine drinker, the decision to upgrade to the PBP is an easy one.

It still depends on how many glasses a day you drink.  It may still be cheaper to pay the difference.

1 minute ago, pickypicky said:

I would wait until you board to see how good the premium selection is before upgrading. I’m currently on Summit and there are so few whites that I like that I have resorted to having a martini instead!

They also run out of some wines mid-cruise.