delayed EZair flight concern

indexcards

If a flight booked through Princess is delayed does the ship wait?

If it does not and one has purchased the premium insurance how is the catching up with ship handled/

Are we flown to the next port and put up there with expenses paid?

Or put up in fort Lauderdale and flown to next port just in time to meet ship?

I've never had to contend with a delayed EZAir flight but I have been on cruises with delayed departures out of Vancouver and Fort Lauderdale waiting for delayed passengers to arrive.  I'm sure the Captain has to determine how a delay will impact reaching the next port on time.  Leaving Fort Lauderdale the next port is often Princess Cays so that isn't an issue.  The availability of shore side port staff is also a consideration when determining how long sail away can be postponed.

21 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I've never had to contend with a delayed EZAir flight but I have been on cruises with delayed departures out of Vancouver and Fort Lauderdale waiting for delayed passengers to arrive.  I'm sure the Captain has to determine how a delay will impact reaching the next port on time.  Leaving Fort Lauderdale the next port is often Princess Cays so that isn't an issue.  The availability of shore side port staff is also a consideration when determining how long sail away can be postponed.

Same here.  We’ve been on numerous ships where they waited for passengers from delayed flights.

That would really depend on the amount of passengers who are delayed, how much time is involved, etc.

We’ve also had a mixture of experiences with passengers coming in too late on TA cruises. Which is a lot more complicated than getting you to caribbean ports. 

Those passengers, if they wanted to, were flown to the next stop, the Azores, overnighted for 2 days before we arrived.

Some of them just canceled their cruise, since they missed the first week of the cruise.  This cruise we had over 120 people who missed it because

of bad weather. Some left the day before and still didn’t make the cruise.  They held the ship for a few hours, waiting on a large amount of people. 

So, a lot of variables. 

Exactly - it all depends on a lot of variables as to whether the ship will wait or not.  Things like the tides, the port crew, how many are delayed, how much time they have to get to the first port, etc.

If you're lucky enough to get through to Princess' in-transit phone number (not an easy thing nowadays), they will work to re-route you.  If you can't get through in a timely manner, you'll have to handle it yourself and apply for reimbursement from insurance.