MDR for New Year's Eve? Special or Standard?

crystalspin

15 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

We'll be in Cabo on the K'dam for NYE, which is also our 32nd Anniversary. Thinking about MDR (will there be festive items?) or Tamarind (will there be an additional upcharge, like Pinnacle Gala?)... Anyone done Holidays at sea?

Hats and noise makers for all MDR guests.

If history repeats from 2021, you will have free lobster in the MDR.

2021 MDR New Years Eve Menu      2021 NYE PG Menu

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am still sore about our PG experience several years ago and am jealous of the folks that dined in the MDR.

They advertised tenderloin filet. Just didn’t tell us till we were served that it would be cold pork tenderloin. The appetizers were very bad, and the dessert was a chocolate cup with a strawberry, a blueberry, and a raspberry in it. No sauce. No ice cream or sorbet. It was like what a child might make. 

Tamarind is one of our happy places.

This year, it does not seem that NS has any specialty restaurants open either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day..

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

We'll be in Cabo on the K'dam for NYE, which is also our 32nd Anniversary. Thinking about MDR (will there be festive items?) or Tamarind (will there be an additional upcharge, like Pinnacle Gala?)... Anyone done Holidays at sea?

We had a lovely dinner in the MDR on 2021/2022 on Rotterdam.  We will again join the ship on 12-10 for 45 days for holiday cruise. Enjoyed it very much.

1213211804a.thumb.jpg.a64734333e94d89a61f0959ae0fcd4f2.jpg

1218211558_HDR.thumb.jpg.3e195516d280a437b0fbec93858e94d6.jpg

original_45ed8819-44e0-492f-8496-979afe530376_1231211700a_HDR.thumb.jpg.21fdce2fe7bc823c6a0d8b6ecbd26035.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FOPMan said:

I am still sore about our PG experience several years ago and am jealous of the folks that dined in the MDR.

They advertised tenderloin filet. Just didn’t tell us till we were served that it would be cold pork tenderloin. The appetizers were very bad, and the dessert was a chocolate cup with a strawberry, a blueberry, and a raspberry in it. No sauce. No ice cream or sorbet. It was like what a child might make. 

Tamarind is one of our happy places.

This year, it does not seem that NS has any specialty restaurants open either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day..

Cold pork tenderloin 🤮.  I have better than that on a Monday night for dinner.  I don’t blame you for being sore about that.

• Like 1

We were on the K’dam last Thanksgiving. The MDR was ok but nothing special. 
On the same NYE cruise and we booked Rudi’s for Cabo. I hope the menu is not “special”. Reading about free lobster in the MDR, we may reconsider and pick another night. 

7 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

We were on the K’dam last Thanksgiving. The MDR was ok but nothing special. 
On the same NYE cruise and we booked Rudi’s for Cabo. I hope the menu is not “special”. Reading about free lobster in the MDR, we may reconsider and pick another night. 

The lobster is fantastic in rudi’s.  I’m thinking it won’t be anything like that in the mdr.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

Oh hey! If you mean you are on the K'dam Sea of Cortez THIS NYE, here is the Roll Call:

I think only the PG is 'special' for NYE -- you cannot pre-book it on the website, but Canaletto/Tamarind/Rudi's, you can. Lobster is not attractive to us, so I'm leaning toward Tamarind. Probably won't pre-book it, but use share-holder OBC on boarding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

Hats and noise makers for all MDR guests.

If history repeats from 2021, you will have free lobster in the MDR.

2021 MDR New Years Eve Menu      2021 NYE PG Menu

Those are excellent menus and, I think, better than what I experienced on the Volendam on New Year's Eve, 2019.  However, I had was not dissatisfied with the menu or the experience.

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Anyone done Holidays at sea?

My recommendation is to celebrate the New Year's Eve dinner in the MDR.  There likely will be more "energy" and "festive" than one might experience in the PG.  Based on the menus that Crew News posted:  both are excellent in my opinion.  

• Like 1