Princess Internet Pricing

OzKiwiJJ

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I had better check on the price for my up-coming cruises. Do you pay ahead or does it come out of OBC when you get on board?

I think you pay up front. Which is another reason I won’t pre purchase as we have very large OBC’s

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I think you pay up front. Which is another reason I won’t pre purchase as we have very large OBC’s

Hi Cheryle yes you need to pay up front and not sure if it comes off your OBC or CC

2 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Hi Cheryle yes you need to pay up front and not sure if it comes off your OBC or CC

CC I think Bob, but as the cruises are coastal, I don’t think we will bother. Just go on board and see if we need it, then pay the price if we do!

59 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree, but if the internet is significantly cheaper by buying ahead, it might be worth doing. I would have to do some calculating before deciding.

You pay upfront but it seems to vary as to whether you get the P/E discount immediately before you pay or refunded to you as OBC once you're onboard.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You pay upfront but it seems to vary as to whether you get the P/E discount immediately before you pay or refunded to you as OBC once you're onboard.

Princess have adopted a pay-up-front model for their tours so I am not surprised they have it for the internet.

33 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess have adopted a pay-up-front model for their tours so I am not surprised they have it for the internet.

It's not the pay up front that is surprising, it's the "pay in full and we'll credit your discount to your onboard account" that gets me. But I have seen people post that they have had the discount taken off before paying so maybe it was a bug that has now been fixed.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not the pay up front that is surprising, it's the "pay in full and we'll credit your discount to your onboard account" that gets me. But I have seen people post that they have had the discount taken off before paying so maybe it was a bug that has now been fixed.

I agree with your comments. When I try to find out on line what the price is I get out-of-date information or US prices. Gr.....

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not the pay up front that is surprising, it's the "pay in full and we'll credit your discount to your onboard account" that gets me.

From the app I've pre-paid for internet on five different Coral cruises so far between June and October. They were all charged to my credit card at $6.75/day (i.e 50%) and none involved any credit back to the onboard account.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

31 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

From the app I've pre-paid for internet on five different Coral cruises so far between June and October. They were all charged to my credit card at $6.75/day (i.e 50%) and none involved any credit back to the onboard account.

I'll try that. Thank you for letting us know.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree with your comments. When I try to find out on line what the price is I get out-of-date information or US prices. Gr.....

Well you know what they were at 11am today so that must help! 🤣

53 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

When did you buy the package for each cruise? All recently or spread over a period of time. It would be interesting to work out when that started to happen. Also it would be interesting to know whether the discounted price shows in the Personalizer now or just in the app.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When did you buy the package for each cruise?

The first in early June. The second in mid-July. The other three, yesterday. All on the app.

As far as I can tell, pre-cruise MedallionNet can only be purchased from the app or by phone. Not in the personaliser.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The first in early June. The second in mid-July. The other three, yesterday. All on the app.

As far as I can tell, pre-cruise MedallionNet can only be purchased from the app or by phone. Not in the personaliser.

Thanks. I can't check with any of our cruises as we booked them all with Plus packages.

Hopefully some other P/Es will post when they purchased the package and how, and whether they got the discount when they booked so we can track what has been happening. 

The internet pricing saga gets even more insane. I phoned Princess, hoping to get the price that  SinbadThe Porter did. But no. I was told that the price for one device is $27.00 per day and that with the Elite discount it would be $13.49 per day. This is even more than Julie was quoted on board. When I queried this price I was told "the price changes". I will have to keep checking.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The internet pricing saga gets even more insane. I phoned Princess, hoping to get the price that  SinbadThe Porter did. But no. I was told that the price for one device is $27.00 per day and that with the Elite discount it would be $13.49 per day. This is even more than Julie was quoted on board. When I queried this price I was told "the price changes". I will have to keep checking.

What price does it currently have on the app?

41 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It's possible they use the US price as the baseline and are now using up-to-the-minute exchange rates rather than the old method of setting a fixed exchange rate every few months.

The US rate is quoted as $9.99 and the current market exchange rate at the time of this post was 0.6871. So cheapest rate would be $14.54 which would be the full pre-purchase price and close to what I was quoted for that. But I don't know what the US onboard price is so can't confirm it is an exchange rate issue.

33 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Geoff internet on the app is 50% off if you pre pay

a 4 day cruise 12 months away is $28.80 

Bob, where do I find this on the Medallion app? By the way I did a live chat and got different prices altogether - $7.50 to pre-purchase for a cruise or $10 per day on a day by day casual basis.

I seem to have found the right place on the Medallion app, now I just have to move forward to the cruise I want to buy for then buy it

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

Geoff internet on the app is 50% off if you pre pay

a 4 day cruise 12 months away is $28.80 

Thanks Bob. We have plus on upcoming cruises, so can't see it. 

Having different prices coming out of different people at Princess confuses the matter, but I would certainly trust what people have said they have paid.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Medallion app is quoting $12.99 a day for Elite! It gives this price for two different cruises.

With my 2 cruises on the app it’s showing 50% off both cruises and one is with US currency and if I pre pay it’s in AUD but if you wait till you board it’ll be USD currency 

Just now, arxcards said:

Does it show 50% off anywhere during the purchase step?

No. I haven't purchased yet because the Medallion app showed a total price that worked out at $13.49 pd. My experience with Princess on phone calls and live chat got even more crazy with different prices. I am trying to get it sorted out.

• Like 1