Concierge Lounge-Who Can Use it?

I went into the Lounge on the first day of my cruise with my friend's key (i wasn't allowed), and the concierge left a huge pile of keys in there.

Took a key, and got in for the rest of the cruise. Put it back in the pile after the cruise.

I bet you take two newspapers out of the stand, Just because you can. We all pay a high price for these perks but I am sure there are a lot of your kind.

We used the concierge lounge on the Brilliance last October. Actually, they had two, because there were so many Diamond members on the cruise, they had to open a second one up in one of the nightclubs. That was really nice, because it was big and roomy.

The regular concierge lounge was small, and it did have two internet terminals.

The host or hostess usually checks ids the first day, and then checks when anyone comes in that they are not familiar with. But, they just check one Seapass card for a couple, so I assume a guest is allowed with a member.

Of course, people are always trying to sneak in, snag a key at the beginning of the cruise, etc. The pile of keys on the first day is to pass out to qualified pax who only have one key to a cabin, and each person qualifies, so they want their own key. The assumption is whomever is in the lounge is supposed to be there, and therefore the keys are OK to pick up.

Someone will always beat whatever system there is in place. If it's abused too much, then they will go to checking individual Seapass cards to make sure.

We really enjoyed the hostess in the alternate lounge, and I left her a small tip almost every day. It was about $20 for the cruise.

On our last visit, hours of operation were posted on paperwork we received with our key card - I never tried to enter the Concierge Lounge outside of those hours.
Suzi, I think that the "hours of operation" refer to the times that the Concierge is present and on duty. :)

There was a self serve espresso machine and a continental breakfast display. Because we happened to have our stateroom on the same floor, it was very convenient. But one major drawback was the rule that you weren't allowed to take anything out of the lounge. Most people did anyway, though you had to work at not being seen, as the hostess would say something if she saw you! We didn't take anything out with us in the evenings, but I so very much wanted to take back my capuccino to my room (only a few steps away), but was told an emphatic "no".
This was our identical experience, too. If I was having a glass of wine before dinner, and we decided that it was time to mosey on down to the dining room, I wanted to take my glass with me. I know that it was "bad", but I wanted to finish my wine without being late for dinner! So, I took it with me. Bad me. Smack me. :D

Archived