After Final Quote, MORE $$ Added?!

malony33

In a conversation with a travel agent, I got a final quote for my chosen cruise, including travel insurance. I was about to book, then the agent tacked on an extra $700+.  When I questioned that, he could not give me a straight answer. Has this happened to any of you?

I travel solo, so with the 20% off (the current special), this is a great opportunity for me. The agent said the extra charge (from AZAMARA, BTW, the agent said) is probably because I'm traveling solo, and the extra money makes up for what WILL NOT get spent during the cruise by a companion...SAY WHAT? I'm already paying a single supplement, so that seems redundant. 

Can anyone give me the lowdown on this? I have sailed many times on 4 or 5  different lines, and nothing like this extra "mystery fee" has been loaded on. Am I being taken? HELP! Today is the last day for the 20% off, so I'm pressed for time.

Many thanks from an AZAMARA newbie.

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

If you’re not happy with the price, and the agent can’t explain what happened, maybe try a different agent?

Totally agree.  That’s not the way Azamara does business. If the agent won’t give you a straight answer take your business elsewhere.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, malony33 said:

In a conversation with a travel agent, I got a final quote for my chosen cruise, including travel insurance. I was about to book, then the agent tacked on an extra $700+.  When I questioned that, he could not give me a straight answer. Has this happened to any of you?

I travel solo, so with the 20% off (the current special), this is a great opportunity for me. The agent said the extra charge (from AZAMARA, BTW, the agent said) is probably because I'm traveling solo, and the extra money makes up for what WILL NOT get spent during the cruise by a companion...SAY WHAT? I'm already paying a single supplement, so that seems redundant. 

Can anyone give me the lowdown on this? I have sailed many times on 4 or 5  different lines, and nothing like this extra "mystery fee" has been loaded on. Am I being taken? HELP! Today is the last day for the 20% off, so I'm pressed for time.

Many thanks from an AZAMARA newbie.

What did you end up doing?

The extra $700 is a crock!  What a story!  I wouldn’t spend $700 on board a ship anyway, not even when there were two of us would we spend that much!

Also, don’t buy travel insurance from this type of TA without getting quotes elsewhere, or checking your credit card insurance if eligible.

• Like 1

I agree with the idea of both trying the mock booking on the Azamara website and comparing it with the quote they gave you. Was the original quote in writing? If it is comparable to Azamara’s, then they don’t have much of a case for tacking on extra charges. New TA!!

• Like 1