Movies (and other events)

sofienummer

I'm sailing this upcoming Sunday!! On the ms Rotterdam 😄 So excited! 

I downloaded the Navigator app and it already shows a lot of events for each day. 

Is this schedule correct/complete or will the 'event itinerary' be a bit different once we board and get our official planning? 

Is something like Bingo where you can win prizes free? Or do you need to pay to join Bingo and similar game shows? 

On the app it says that every night there is a movie night by the pool, but it seems they play the same movie every night. Is this correct? 

I would love to experience a movie night by the pool one day, but the movie doesn't sound interesting at all...

1 minute ago, sofienummer said:

I downloaded the Navigator app and it already shows a lot of events for each day. 

Is this schedule correct/complete or will the 'event itinerary' be a bit different once we board and get our official planning? 

Is something like Bingo where you can win prizes free? Or do you need to pay to join Bingo and similar game shows? 

On the app it says that every night there is a movie night by the pool, but it seems they play the same movie every night. Is this correct? 

I would love to experience a movie night by the pool one day, but the movie doesn't sound interesting at all...

Bingo is definitely a pay event on HAL...no free play or free prizes.  HAL doesn't really do any game shows like on Princess or Carnival but they do have trivia competitions.  I believe those are pay to play events also  (someone please correct me if I got that wrong).

I have never played bingo on a ship but I believe you pay for cards and yes you can win money and sometimes a free cruise.

Movies by the pool change every night but on our recent Rotterdam back to back the movies repeated second week.

Cabin TV’s have a lot of movies that are free but they are not many new releases.

Trivia is free but there are no gifts.

The Navigator App prior to boarding is not always correct in our experience.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by aliaschief

9 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Bingo is definitely a pay event on HAL...no free play or free prizes.  HAL doesn't really do any game shows like on Princess or Carnival but they do have trivia competitions.  I believe those are pay to play events also  (someone please correct me if I got that wrong).

Thank you 🙂 yeah, makes sense that something like bingo costs money if you can win prizes! 

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I have never played bingo on a ship but I believe you pay for cards and yes you can win money and sometimes a free cruise.

Movies by the pool change every night but on our recent Rotterdam back to back the movies repeated second week.

Cabin TV’s have a lot of movies that are free but they are not many new releases.

Trivia is free but there are no gifts.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much 🙂

Makes sense! And I love trivia, so that sounds like fun to try one time. 

Yeah, I figured/hoped the movie would change every night. 

I hope you enjoyed your b2b cruise on the Rotterdam 🙂

22 minutes ago, sofienummer said:

The movies at the pool are often repeated. They do have a good selection of in room movies on demand for free. The evenings on HAL lack the entertainment seen on some other cruise lines. There is billboard onboard or dueling pianos, Lincoln center or classical music, Rolling stone and/or BB king which play popular music with a dance floor, sometimes comedian's are onboard. If it is your first HAL you may enjoy the dance shows or talks in the main theatre. Overall HAL is a more relaxed cruise with excellent food and service. I think you will enjoy your cruise, but I doubt you will attend many movies at the pool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sofienummer said:

The schedule before Embarkation Day is an outline of regularly scheduled events that have been reported to Seattle HQ.  The ship prints its own schedule (When & Where) that is more complete with a copy available on Embarkation Day. and then each evening for the next day. 

I would not count on the Navigator app until you board the ship and all of your information is transferred to the ship computers.  This can take several hours to upload your reservations and excursions.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I enjoy the movies, usually late releases, shown in the theater on sea day afternoons. 

In the Caribbean they are show by the pool in the afternoons on sea days.  Say cool in the pool and watch the movie.  Did it several times on the NS in Feb

• Like 1