Puerto Plata beach with amenities close to port?

seasidemama

Hi all, looking for a beach day with chair/umbrella rentals and easy access to food/drinks. Clean scenic beach reasonably close to port.  Any recommendations?

The only two beach excursions I see on Royal are playa dorada (transportation only) and coconut cove all inclusive which is pricey and I haven't read any good reviews.

I would rather skip the excursion if otherwise safe and reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching too.  We will be visiting Nov 1, docked at Taino cruise port.  I've found only vague information about a beach day, hardly no info about transportation, beach bars, menus,  pricing.  I finally got in contact with Jack's Kite and Grill that replied the beach is free and the are food and drinks that can be bought.  I asked for a menu and got a food menu. Asked for a bar/drinks menu and received a reply that they had an assortment of drinks with an estimated price of 200-500 RD (Dominican Pesos).  They accept USD, RD and credit cards.   No info in taxi transportation costs though.  

It's so odd that there is so little information online about outside of Taino Cruise Port or beach things to do outside of port. (Several YouTube videos of the actual port grounds.)   If anyone finds anything, please post.  

Edited by jkloni

Also following.  We'll be in Puerto Plata in early December (Celebrity Constellation), thinking about taking a taxi to Playa Sosua, looks like good off-the-beach snorkeling and some restaurants and other amenities.  Anyone have any experience with the taxis or with Playa Sosua?  Thanks!

--Jon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, jkloni said:

I've been searching too.  We will be visiting Nov 1, docked at Taino cruise port.  I've found only vague information about a beach day, hardly no info about transportation, beach bars, menus,  pricing.  I finally got in contact with Jack's Kite and Grill that replied the beach is free and the are food and drinks that can be bought.  I asked for a menu and got a food menu. Asked for a bar/drinks menu and received a reply that they had an assortment of drinks with an estimated price of 200-500 RD (Dominican Pesos).  They accept USD, RD and credit cards.   No info in taxi transportation costs though.  

It's so odd that there is so little information online about outside of Taino Cruise Port or beach things to do outside of port. (Several YouTube videos of the actual port grounds.)   If anyone finds anything, please post.  

We will be there in February.  We just booked with Dominican shore excursions to go into town and then to Blue Jack Tar Beach. I am hoping it is a fun time!

On 1/2/2023 at 8:51 AM, 2dot2dot said:

We will be there in February.  We just booked with Dominican shore excursions to go into town and then to Blue Jack Tar Beach. I am hoping it is a fun time!

Do you have a link for the excursion company? Have you found reviews about them? 

On 10/14/2022 at 7:28 PM, jstewa22 said:

Also following.  We'll be in Puerto Plata in early December (Celebrity Constellation), thinking about taking a taxi to Playa Sosua, looks like good off-the-beach snorkeling and some restaurants and other amenities.  Anyone have any experience with the taxis or with Playa Sosua?  Thanks!

--Jon

We went to Souza Beach in Nov. 2021 and will be back there again next week. Nice beach. Good amenities, but it is about a 30 minute drive from the port. We are taking the same excursion again… catamaran to go out and snorkel. Good snorkeling. 

44 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We went to Souza Beach in Nov. 2021 and will be back there again next week. Nice beach. Good amenities, but it is about a 30 minute drive from the port. We are taking the same excursion again… catamaran to go out and snorkel. Good snorkeling. 

What company are you using for the catamaran? We are looking for something for there too next week

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, jkloni said:

Where did you end up going?  Would love to hear how it went.