Hurricane Fiona

Stumblefoot

40 minutes ago, bobolz said:

reduced speeds required in the St Laurence (a protected waterway)

One of the success stories is the return of whales to the St. Lawrence.  This forces cruise ships to cut their speed, but it's for a good cause!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobolz said:

Gwesq-

no I did not ask, I’m assuming since we are not going to Saguenay (which appears closer to Quebec City than this new stop at Sept Iles) and the CD just announcing reduced speeds required in the St Laurence (a protected waterway) we can’t make it in time for an ETA of 8 am on Thursday as originally scheduled. I believe you are staying on the Whisper for the next cruise from Quebec City to NYC? I’m sure you are disappointed since you will have your time in Quebec City cut short, since I don’t believe the Quebec to nyc stays an extra night in Quebec City, or does it ? I’m sorry if that is the case, I hope that at least you will be able to see more of the itinerary we missed on this one at least. 

YES - we do hope to make up some of the stops we missed, but very disappointed to miss more time in Quebec. We have the added issue that we have to change cabins for the 2nd segment, which will require our attention on the turnaround day.      We're not focusing much on that for the next 2 days as our home is right in the path of Hurricane Ian.  But better to be here than at home, where they are expecting 150 mph gusts & 8-12 ft storm surge. Our house is 11 ft elevation. 

7 hours ago, gwesq said:

YES - we do hope to make up some of the stops we missed, but very disappointed to miss more time in Quebec. We have the added issue that we have to change cabins for the 2nd segment, which will require our attention on the turnaround day.      We're not focusing much on that for the next 2 days as our home is right in the path of Hurricane Ian.  But better to be here than at home, where they are expecting 150 mph gusts & 8-12 ft storm surge. Our house is 11 ft elevation. 

Gwesq 

I’m sorry to hear about the storm heading towards your home, I hope it is spared any serious damage. Good luck

gwesq,  I am wishing you all the best as the storm has strengthened in just the past few hours and your region is going to take a major hit.  (It looks like that right now).  

Again, hope your home will be ok and glad you are safe far away from the storm.

Wishing best of luck to the folks on the West Coast of Florida.  This is going to be a monster for them.

On the East Coast, it hasn't been too bad.  Lost a tree in the side yard.  Tornado warnings all night sounding off on the iPhone.  The drive to work today was a bit rough with the rain and the wind, but it was fine.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rothko1 said:

Wishing best of luck to the folks on the West Coast of Florida.  This is going to be a monster for them.

On the East Coast, it hasn't been too bad.  Lost a tree in the side yard.  Tornado warnings all night sounding off on the iPhone.  The drive to work today was a bit rough with the rain and the wind, but it was fine.  

Seems as though the east coast is getting hit too.  I saw on TV that Broward County has no power due to a tornado.  And heard from someone in Davie that they have 4 ft of water already in their street.   I am watching my house in Sarasota on our cameras, and we have a little lake in our backyard that's not supposed to be there! Already.