Hurricane Fiona's impact on Boston-Montreal Zaandam cruise?

Ruthenium

I'm supposed to be hopping onto the Zaandam in Boston on Sept 24, heading to Montreal.  It's my first cruise so I wonder how to find out if it'll be rocky, if we'll be skipping ports, and how to decide whether to cancel (if necessary--I have insurance). How can I best stay informed?

it could  be rocky  still   the storm may have pasted by  the time you sail

Take seasick meds with you

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2022/FIONA_graphics.php?product=5day_cone_no_line

The cruise line may change the route 

but before you cancel I would make sure  you read the fine print of your insurance  contract  some do not  refund the full amount

JMO

18 hours ago, Bridies mom said:

Take Bonine

Also consider wrist (sea) bands. I use them all the time while cruising. Bonine, even a non-drowsy formula, still makes me feel a bit drifty (though I'm that way most of the time due to meniere's so doesn't much matter I suppose). Ginger pills help also. 

OP, I hope you did not cancel!  We were in port with you in Boston and Bar Harbor.  The weather was fabulous!  We sailed from Baltimore on 9-22, and had grey skies and rocky seas between there and Boston.  From then on, all four of our ports had perfect weather; cool and crisp and even, with mostly sunny skies.  Perfect.

I didn’t cancel — getting to be with and see my son perform on the Zaandam was a no-lose option for me! We couldn’t stop at Sydney or PEI so we went directly toward the St Lawrence. Our stops were in Quebec: Baie Comeau and Saguenay. Baie Comeau was small but had a brewpub with the best stout I’ve EVER had 

https://microbrasserie.stpancrace.com/fr/

and Saguenay greeted us with people in 19th c garb, including children who danced for us, and samples of blueberry juice and sticks of freshly made maple taffy. I loved the Musée de Fjord, with its aquarium. lovely place. Appreciated the hop on bus there - distances are far.

(And was surprised not to feel seasick for more than a few mild minutes once…used wristbands and generic dramamine in advance. Despite the nearby hurricane it was smooth sailing — reminded me of when I lived in N Cal)

02FCDE42-E4CE-4C56-B902-23B7E524F52C.jpeg

85B83120-E432-45A9-B403-C9553BF4D238.jpeg

B5A8B1DC-D943-49F8-80E1-3A8B7FCB6356.jpeg

2300FA51-24AC-48FE-BFFD-D7F69005CFF3.jpeg

Edited by Ruthenium
  • Like 1