Scooter on Anthem of the Seas

dleahy4444

I agree totally with brillohead and Sunshine

You need to know  the wifth of the scooter ahead of time. You can also get the cabn door size from Royal Caribbean’s accessible dept. You should call them anyway and tell them the cabin you would like so they can check on the bed configuration. That’s the key to using a non-fold up scooter and being able to keep it inside the cabin. Beds must be on far side of canin. Not near bathroom. 

After renting a regular scooter 3 times for cruises, we purchased a Pride fold up travel scooter for my DH. . It rolls & folds up into about the size of a medium rolling suitcase. There is a similar scooter called an EV Rider that’s about the same size and weight. So handy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Does the 22" measurement include the wheels?  Or is it a youth sized wheelchair?  

Most wheelchairs are wider than 22" is why I ask.  That's really small for a standard wheelchair.

22” is the seat, just under 24” at the widest part. Would fit a standard cabin door way (judg8ng purely by eye) but the door takes up about an inch when open

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

22” is the seat, just under 24” at the widest part. Would fit a standard cabin door way (judg8ng purely by eye) but the door takes up about an inch when open

So your statement that your 22" wheelchair doesn't fit isn't correct -- your 24" wheelchair doesn't fit would be a more accurate statement.

So a scooter which is 22.5" does fit just fine, just like we've all been saying.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, dleahy4444 said:

My sister, who has mobility issues, wants to accompany my family on a November sailing of the Anthem. She does not need an accessible room per se but does need to use a scooter to get around. There is currently only one accessible stateroom is available on our sailing. Does anyone know if a scooter will fit in a standard inside cabin or balcony cabin? Thanks

The standard stateroom entry doorway is at least 23” according to RCCL Website.

I need to use my scooter on our cruise on the Anthem in 2023 and I booked a standard balcony cabin. I don’t need an accessible cabin either. Here’s a little tip…I used my scooter on a CCL cruise 2 weeks ago. We had a standard balcony cabin. On all of our cruises I would drive the scooter into the cabin. This time I disengaged the scooter to free mode, stepped off and DH steered it into the cabin. It was easier than having him direct me left and right a few times and drive into cabin. I also remove my armrests when taking it on a cruise. If your sister is able to step off outside of the cabin, try entering that way.  

Edited by fair-winds39
Spelling error

On 9/23/2022 at 10:47 AM, F355c5 said:

Off subject, but I have a scooter rented for a week on the Oasis and wonder how hard is getting an elevator that isn’t crowned?

I know around just dinner they all seem to be full.

any suggestions?

Thanks 

I’ve been using my scooter on cruises for a while. I’m never in much of a hurry for the elevator, but we try to wait until a few minutes before dinner for the elevator and it usually works out. Also, DH and I are not rushing for the elevator. If there are a lot of people waiting, we just say we’ll wait for the next one. I haven’t had any problems and we usually book AFT cabins. Elevators aren’t as busy as midship.

17 hours ago, fair-winds39 said:

The standard stateroom entry doorway is at least 23” according to RCCL Website.

I need to use my scooter on our cruise on the Anthem in 2023 and I booked a standard balcony cabin. I don’t need an accessible cabin either. Here’s a little tip…I used my scooter on a CCL cruise 2 weeks ago. We had a standard balcony cabin. On all of our cruises I would drive the scooter into the cabin. This time I disengaged the scooter to free mode, stepped off and DH steered it into the cabin. It was easier than having him direct me left and right a few times and drive into cabin. I also remove my armrests when taking it on a cruise. If your sister is able to step off outside of the cabin, try entering that way.  

Thank you for taking the time to pass on this helpful information! I will definitely suggest this to her

• Like 1