Forward-facing oceanview cabins on Anthem

craig01020

We were in 9510 on a cruise to Bermuda back in 2019. The water was calm for the most part. We did feel some motion but not enough to be bothersome. It was our kids' first cruise (they were 2 and 5 at the time) and they didn't really even notice it. The porthole was great. I'm not sure how it would have been in rougher seas but it worked out for us at that time.

• Thanks 1

I can't speak to your specific ship, but I had a rear facing (ie with the beds 90 degrees different than usual) cabin once and even though the seas were not particularly rough, one night I was praying for the sweet release of death.  There's something about a heel to toe rocking that is markedly different than a side to side rocking,

For me personally, I would never book a cabin that's oriented in that fashion again. And way in front of way in back is going to have more movement than a midship cabin!  Low and midship moves the least, in my experience.

I had a forward facing ocean view on the Harmony in April, and it was one of our best cabins ever.  The bed was in the normal configuration, and the window was so angled it was almost like having a skylight when in bed.  There was no noticeable motion, but we enjoy motion and would have been happy with it.  I would choose one of those cabins over a balcony.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
  • Thanks 1

We had 9500 on a cruise on Anthem in 2018 and loved it. The huge slanted window was wonderful. We did hit some rough water as we sailed down to Florida from Bayonne NJ but it didn't bother us. I think you will really enjoy that room.

• Thanks 1

I had 9506 on Ovation in May in Alaska, and it was awesome. I loved just sitting by the window and looking out. I was solo, and the cabin was huge. I normally get interiors, but I got a Royal Up bid for an Oceanview. I was originally on deck 3 and didn’t find out they moved me again until I got on board.

• Like 1