Christmas Day Miami Hotel & Food

trying2photo

We will be flying into Miami on Christmas Day and cruising on December 26. I have read several recommendations to stay in the Brickell area. My concern is finding walkable dining options that are available since it is Christmas. Would we be better off staying near the airport or mall? Our flight arrives around noon so I know we will be limited on things to do all day. Does anyone have experience with this or can make suggestions for what might be best?

We drove around for hours looking for ANYTHING that was open on Christmas day for lunch or dinner.  Nothing but a Subway store was open so we ended up having sandwiches in our car.  Best to stop at the airport food court and get some take away.

7 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We drove around for hours looking for ANYTHING that was open on Christmas day for lunch or dinner.  Nothing but a Subway store was open so we ended up having sandwiches in our car.  Best to stop at the airport food court and get some take away.

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. We were not planning to rent a car.

20 hours ago, trying2photo said:

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. We were not planning to rent a car.

Perhaps, this is a reason to book your hotel stay at (or near) a hotel that has a restaurant(s)?  I'd call the hotel's restaurant to determine what there plans are, however, first.  

There will be restaurants open somewhere in the Brickell area on Christmas Day.  Toscana Divino at Mary Brickell village has been open the last few years for Christmas Day, I’ve eaten here on Christmas. Toro Toro at the Intercontinental has been opened in the past.  Zuma, La Mar and the other restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental are pen, Quinto La Huella at Brickell City Centre and a few others at BCC were open this past year. Batch GastroPub is another one that has been open on Christmas Day starting at 4.  Area 31 at The Epic is open.   Hutong was open this past year. The Four Seasons is open for dinner. 

The Rusty Pelican is open though a short uber away.  Sugarcane in midtown should be open but again and Uber. 

Miami new times will have a list as it gets closer.  Open table will show reservations available a it gets closer. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, Diver2014 said:

Was this recent because there are restaurants open in Brickell?!

12 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

There will be restaurants open somewhere in the Brickell area on Christmas Day.  Toscana Divino at Mary Brickell village has been open the last few years for Christmas Day, I’ve eaten here on Christmas. Toro Toro at the Intercontinental has been opened in the past.  Zuma, La Mar and the other restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental are pen, Quinto La Huella at Brickell City Centre and a few others at BCC were open this past year. Batch GastroPub is another one that has been open on Christmas Day starting at 4.  Area 31 at The Epic is open.   Hutong was open this past year. The Four Seasons is open for dinner. 

The Rusty Pelican is open though a short uber away.  Sugarcane in midtown should be open but again and Uber. 

Miami new times will have a list as it gets closer.  Open table will show reservations available a it gets closer. 

Thank you for all this information!

I would be shocked if worst case you could go to Bayside and places there should be open as well. No doubt something will be open. Really for the majority of people in Miami that celebrate Christmas, Christmas Eve is the bigger event. Even then, December is busy with tourist, places will be open. 

• Like 1