Booking entertainment on board is now permanent

On 9/28/2022 at 6:51 AM, ChC said:

Since shows on the ship is a pure cost center (some of the entertainment cost is recuperated by Bingo card sells), with the higher cost in every aspects due to high inflation, cruise companies have no choice but to try to squeeze a little extra revenue from things it had not charged yet (the other choice is to reduce shows investment [hire less professional staff with lower cost or reduce cost on costumes stage sets...etc.] or cancel certain high cost shows, which would lead to quality decline). Since RCL is in the mass market segment, pricing is key, I would not be surprised at all if it starts to charge for certain shows from 2023 winter season in order to keep the cruise fares stable.

Just stop with these silly theories. It's part of the cost of doing business. Just like they won't charge you for housekeeping or breakfast. No matter how much you want to make a profit, charging for certain things could actually hurt your financials once people feel the experience isn't worth it anymore. I could see maybe charging one day for premium seats or whatnot. 

• Like 1

I don't think you should have to reserve for a show. It should be first come first serve. People can change their minds so much on a cruise as to what they want to do. You might want to go to a show and not have to wait in line to see if all the reserved people show up to see if there are any empty seats left.

1 hour ago, Donsyb said:

Can you please post a link to this announcement? Someone on my roll call called RC and was told we’ll be able to book 48 hours before boarding! So I want to refer them to this.

The person on your roll call received incorrect information. RC CS is often the worst source for reliable information, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

I am a late arrival on the cruise ship if i fly in the day of , so i guess i wont get the comedy show , which is the only thing i really like. 

I liked the old way where i could pre-book everything from home.

I dont see how this new way improves anything.🙁

15 minutes ago, loman said:

I am a late arrival on the cruise ship if i fly in the day of , so i guess i wont get the comedy show , which is the only thing i really like. 

I liked the old way where i could pre-book everything from home.

I dont see how this new way improves anything.🙁

Only benefits the people who book last minute and they now have a chance to get what they want during the last minute frenzy once close enough to ship wi-fi. Those of us who usually book further out and reserved shows 45 days prior to sailing no longer get the pleasant experience of the past. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Donsyb said:

Can you please post a link to this announcement? Someone on my roll call called RC and was told we’ll be able to book 48 hours before boarding! So I want to refer them to this.

I don't have the e mail anymore but I copied it from an e mail sent to Travel agents from Royal

• Thanks 1