Sorobon Beach

Whitnee1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From my reading/pictures, Sorobon beach seems very "rustic"   That may be fine, I just want to know what to expect as I am trying to organize for a large group.  Are there facilities/food/drink/chairs available for use/hire/purchase?  Can small children play at the waters edge without fear of coral or large waves?  TIA. 

• 4 weeks later...

Quoting a tour company that makes a stop there”sandy white beaches and gorgeous turquoise water 2-3 feet deep. Perfect for families with children.    Wonderful restaurants tiki style bars and beach wear shops are located there.” There’s a taxi stand when you exit the pier with set prices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just there last week. Sebastian’s bar and restaurant has covered seating. There beach chairs are $10 each. No umbrellas. There is roped off seating with some shade but it was reserved for tour groups. The big downside was the water doesn’t get more than 3 feet deep and it’s very rocky getting in.It is clean and clear but there are waverunners?parasailers?  that will crash right into you. We did a private taxi tour for $100 then were dropped off here. Did not bring my water shoes. Big mistake. Looked like another bar with shaded seated next door. Sebastian’s has bathrooms. According to our tour guide this is the only sandy beach and only good kids beach.  Most come to Bonaire to Scubadive he said and pointed out all the places for that.