Recent cruisers out of the U.K. : were you asked to show your vaccination card?

KikiKruiser

I know protocols have been updated as of September 28 for sailing out of Southampton;  were you asked at embarkation to show your physical vaccination card?  If so, was a photo of the card sufficient?  Can't find anything mentioning it on the Princess website.  

36 minutes ago, KikiKruiser said:

I know protocols have been updated as of September 28 for sailing out of Southampton;  were you asked at embarkation to show your physical vaccination card?  If so, was a photo of the card sufficient?  Can't find anything mentioning it on the Princess website.  

In the UK there is no vaccination card so I guess this is a non UK thing? If this is your ‘home’ record of vaccination then YES they do check and a real form of evidence is required such as paper or accepted QR code etc. 

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

In the UK there is no vaccination card so I guess this is a non UK thing? If this is your ‘home’ record of vaccination then YES they do check and a real form of evidence is required such as paper or accepted QR code etc. 

In the US, there is no national vaccine registry (it is specifically illegal) so there is a vaccination card. If you get all shots in one state, you can often get a state based QR code but if you mix shots in different states, you need to keep several records and some states do not have QR codes but only pdfs of vaccination records. In any case, Princess only wanted to see our cards.

We were given a vaccination card for all of our vaccinations at the vaccination centres. We then downloaded the NHS documents complete with QR codes. 

In Australia you have to produce a vaccination certificate from Medicare (Federal Government Health) certifying you are fully vaccinated, otherwise no embarkation.

Edited by NSWP

48 minutes ago, NownZen said:

In the US, there is no national vaccine registry (it is specifically illegal) so there is a vaccination card. If you get all shots in one state, you can often get a state based QR code but if you mix shots in different states, you need to keep several records and some states do not have QR codes but only pdfs of vaccination records. In any case, Princess only wanted to see our cards.

Thank you - yes - sorry for not clarifying, I meant the U.S. vaccination cards.  Some states have QR codes (like mine),  while others don't.  So yes, just wanted to know if Princess wanted to see the physical cards or if a photo of it was acceptable.

Yes, sorry for not clarifying I'm asking about the U.S. vaccination cards.  Also, wondering if showing a photo of the card on our phone is acceptable as well.

1 hour ago, KikiKruiser said:

Thank you - yes - sorry for not clarifying, I meant the U.S. vaccination cards.  Some states have QR codes (like mine),  while others don't.  So yes, just wanted to know if Princess wanted to see the physical cards or if a photo of it was acceptable.

You can upload a picture of the card on the app but for us it always said "pending approval". They never looked at the app at checkin for anything. Only wanted the documents.

A bit of vaccination humor. We got our bivalent booster the other day but forgot to take our cards with us to the pharmacy. They said we could come back with the cards later or just fill them out ourselves. We have the official state records but it casts some doubt on the effectiveness of having the cards.

• Like 1