Vegetarian menu on Holland America

QHsailor

Can anyone tell me if Holland America still has a separate vegetarian/ vegan menu .  I know the MDR has choices on the menu but I haven’t inquired this year and there were a couple of items I enjoyed  on the separate menu. Thank you

With advanced notice they will have the most amazing food. You just need to give them enough notice to get the best vegan butter and cheeses. I think you have to let special needs department know of your needs. 

Yes, they still have it. We were on three weeks ago. We are both vegetarian. The veggie options on the regular menu are now more creative than we remember in the past. To make our choices they offered us both the veggie menu and the next day's MDR menu at the end of each dinner.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, QHsailor said:

Can anyone tell me if Holland America still has a separate vegetarian/ vegan menu .  I know the MDR has choices on the menu but I haven’t inquired this year and there were a couple of items I enjoyed  on the separate menu. Thank you

We were on the Noordam a few weeks ago, and ordered from the separate vegetarian menu. Some items are vegan. Although there were choices, it was the same menu each night, and most of the dishes, although good, were not very exciting. But we might have been spoiled by Viking.

As twodjs said, for the vegetarian you should order the previous night. They will remind you. And if they are "more creative" now, I'm glad things are better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, QHsailor said:

Current Vegetarian menu:  HAL Vegetarian Menu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

As a 15 year HAL vegetarian cruiser I offer this opinion:

Are the vegetarian offerings  better than in the past? Yes.

Could they be better? YES.

Remember, to eat from the separate vegetarian menu one must order the day before.

Also, even though not listed,  a steamed vegetable plate can be pre-ordered, I always request it with garlic oil or garlic butter on the side, yum! 

The Lido Buffet true vegetarian selections (no meat product additions) is very limited. I often end up luncheon sea days in the Dive In Grill selecting one of two vegetarian burgers; pretty good, but service there can be slow for beverages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can usually find vegetarian in the Lido in the asian section.  I've no interest in meat in the middle of the day and the MDR isn't something I want to do in the middle of the day, either.  It's usually pretty good. 

You can order pizza without cheese or vegan cheese if available at NY Pizza/Deli. I had an extremely attentive MDR  Asst Maitre’d on my K’dam cruise in May. I’ve never eaten better on any cruise. Breakfast was Lido or room service, lots of options. Lunch was Lido, NY Pizza or DiveIn. Excellent food and options.