Prima Miami boarding time

cb2367

I'm trying to determine on average what time boarding would start for silver latitude non haven. My travel plans seem to keep changing, so it's looking like I'd be arriving in Miami around 10AM on embarkation day. Would there be much of a wait after checking in before getting on board?

Haven boarding will start around 11:00

Priority Boarding (Suites, Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, Ambassador) will start around 11:15

General Boarding will start around 11:30

General Boarding could start as late as noon if the prior cruise was delayed or slow in disembarking (we left from Miami last month and Haven didn't start boarding until 11:30). 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Haven boarding will start around 11:00

Priority Boarding (Suites, Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, Ambassador) will start around 11:15

General Boarding will start around 11:30

General Boarding could start as late as noon if the prior cruise was delayed or slow in disembarking (we left from Miami last month and Haven didn't start boarding until 11:30). 

On our four previous cruises on the Escape and Bliss, comedy reservations and some specialty reservations were done as soon as we boarded.  On the Prima I assume the procedure would be the same or could you reserve on the App while waiting to embark?

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

On our four previous cruises on the Escape and Bliss, comedy reservations and some specialty reservations were done as soon as we boarded.  On the Prima I assume the procedure would be the same or could you reserve on the App while waiting to embark?

Just off Prima.  Not sure when you sail, but only a few restaurants able to book before sailing.   Entertainment was hit or miss with app or TV.   Most shows for us online only offered one date and time.  Some like comedy could not book online.

Will really depend on the day. We were on the Breakaway out of Miami in August and had boarding group 4 (arrived around 10am also). We did not board until after 12:30 and it was a free for all when boarding did start, groups didn't seem to matter.

13 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I'm trying to determine on average what time boarding would start for silver latitude non haven. My travel plans seem to keep changing, so it's looking like I'd be arriving in Miami around 10AM on embarkation day. Would there be much of a wait after checking in before getting on board?

We sailed on Prima's second cruise, Copenhagen to Southampton, 13 - 23 September.  Although the passenger count was only about half capacity and as Diamond Latitudes members we were among the first to board and headed straight to the box office upon boarding, we had difficulty making reservations for the showtimes that we wanted for the main stage as well as the comedy club.  These venues are considerably smaller than they are on the Breakaway class ships, and they sell out quickly. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

To me, who sails a half dozen times a year or more, I always consider the "app wile waiting to embark" an urban legend. It assumes that you can connect to the ship's wifi through the hull. Then it assumes that they have already turned the ship over from the prior cruise so that you can actually register and log in. In August, our boarding was delayed and we were sitting next to the window at the PortMiami terminal so I tried, and didn't see even the weakest of wifi signal. 

12 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

We sailed on Prima's second cruise, Copenhagen to Southampton, 13 - 23 September.  Although the passenger count was only about half capacity and as Diamond Latitudes members we were among the first to board and headed straight to the box office upon boarding, we had difficulty making reservations for the showtimes that we wanted for the main stage as well as the comedy club.  These venues are considerably smaller than they are on the Breakaway class ships, and they sell out quickly. 

So, on embarkation day, where would we go for entertainment and dinner reservations? Is the box office the place or the comedy club (like BA/BA+ ships)?

And where is the box office located?

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, on embarkation day, where would we go for entertainment and dinner reservations? Is the box office the place or the comedy club (like BA/BA+ ships)?

Just off Prima yesterday. Hasuki was taking dining reservations (next to Hudson's MDR, deck 7 aft). I think the comedy club, which is also on deck 7, was the place for show reservations but not 100% sure of that since I did not make my own reservations. I never did see the box office.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The box office is next to the theater entrance, starboard side if I remember correctly.  On embarkation day, though, they set up temporary quarters for show and dinner reservations across the hall from each other in Syd Norman's Pour House and the comedy club.  They may use some different venues on other cruises.

Edited by The Traveling Man

What I recall from the last time I sailed out of Miami (Escape in 2018) was that it was advisable to get to the port early and try to get a low boarding group number.

The idea was that the lower boarding group number provided the opportunity to get in board and reserve shows such as those in the main theater. The comedy shows I recall being open and the best bet was to get there like 30 minutes or so before the show and get in line. Once the venue reached capacity, it was standby.

I had planned on staying in the Miami area but now it looks like I'll be coming in from further North. I was feeling like an 11:00 arrival time at the bright line station with shuttle to the port might be too late of an arrival whereas getting to the station at 10 with transfer to the port shuttle would be more of an ideal time to arrive.