Tribute Bands

Ret MP

19 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

If they say they can’t find good tribute bands due to covid, that is a line of BS.  I know, because my husband is in one, and one of his agents books some of the bands that perform on Royal ships—plenty of these bands would be very happy for more work as they were all hit really hard financially during covid.  It’s more likely they don’t want to book them, at least not yet.  

A friend of mine is in a Tribute Band.They were booked to perform on a ship.Two weeks before RCI cancelled the booking.This was in 2020.

1 hour ago, SummerBeee said:

Led Zeppagain was on Oasis early 2022. They performed in the Aqua Theater as well as indoor venues 

Led Zepagain is a great tribute band that really captures the sound and style of the original band— Jim (bass player) and Swan (lead vocals) are friends of ours.  They have performed on several Royal cruises over the years.

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of mine is in a Tribute Band.They were booked to perform on a ship.Two weeks before RCI cancelled the booking.This was in 2020.

Pretty much every band, ship performance or otherwise, had their gigs cancelled in March of 2020.  Or postponed.  And postponed.  And then cancelled.  

5 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Led Zepagain is a great tribute band that really captures the sound and style of the original band— Jim (bass player) and Swan (lead vocals) are friends of ours.  They have performed on several Royal cruises over the years.

I saw them a few months ago. They had four shows and I was at each one.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Ya, the Music Hall makes sense.  The U2 band on the Anthem was in the Music Hall a couple/few times.  Then they had the big finale on the last night in the 270.  That was a great cruise for us. 

If you are a U2 fan check out HollywoodU2 ,they are probably on you tube.

Bono believes they are the very best.

23 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I found the U2 tribute band we saw on the ship on Youtube:

that is 1,000 times better than the Generation Idol (Billy Idol cover band) that was on the Odyssey when we were on it.  It was supposed to be an Aerosmith cover band (which we were all excited to see).  Guessing they got cancelled last minute (Covid?) and the Billy Idol act was the best they could do (which was not good)

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:55 PM, Ret MP said:

On the Ovation, last May, there was no tribute band.  I was told that because of COVID, it was hard to find good tribute bands and the booking of tribute bands was discontinued, at least temporarily.  Anybody know if it has started up again?

What you were told was not accurate. I was on Ovation right before you. It was the April shakedown cruise. An Aerosmith tribute band was playing. Count your blessings they were not still on board because the lead singer was awful. 

Last month on Ovation, it was a Billy Idol tribute band. They were ok. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

What you were told was not accurate. I was on Ovation right before you. It was the April shakedown cruise. An Aerosmith tribute band was playing. Count your blessings they were not still on board because the lead singer was awful. 

Last month on Ovation, it was a Billy Idol tribute band. They were ok. 

This is a post that I'm totally embarrassed to do.  Not that I mind admitting when I'm wrong, but admitting that I'm getting old and it is starting to snow more and more everyday.  No, I'm not looking for sympathy.  Just stating the truth and fact.  

Your post made a switch come on in my head when you said Aerosmith.  Ding Ding Ding.  They were on my cruise.  I must have confused something else with being told that they had a hard time getting a band and me not remembering the act.  I do remember the band now and I remember the lead singer being in the Promenade and had sycophants falling all over him and other members of the group.  It was obvious they were trolling for fans.  I almost puked.  I though the band had some good spots but the spots were few and far between.

He is the band on that cruise: