Exciting Excursions Recommendations

nolegirl01

We'll be Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas on Dec. 28th as part of our Symphony 7 day cruise. It's our first time in St. Thomas. We were looking for something to do that's a bit more exciting than your typical going to the beach, tour around town, snorkeling and shopping. Being from South Florida, we go to the Keys and dive a lot so we were looking to do something new and experience something more exciting! I realize this is our personal opinion, as people from other states would consider snorkeling exciting since they don't do it often. I see the only semi-exciting thing on the excursion list, is doing the skyride. Does anyone know some other cool things that we can do over there? We would love to for example ride horses, or drive jeeps or atvs off-roading, ziplining, etc... While we would love to stick with RCL and their excursions, we wouldn't mind doing a 3rd party if it is worth it 🙂 Thank you everyone!

• 1 month later...

Our friends are booked with a big box agency. They were offered a scavenger hunt-type tour, similar to the t.v. show The Amazing Race.

I can’t find it offered anywhere else, although I did find something called Pirates, Puzzles and Rum Hunt on TripAdvisor.

I can’t recommend either! But if we end up doing the first one, I’ll come back and let you know about it.

We are going to be at St. Thomas on 12/19 off of the Voyager of the Seas then we will be there from the 23rd to the 28th on a land vacation.  One of the things we going to do is kayak/snorkel/hike Cas Cay on our own.  There is a company that rents kayaks to do this for 6 hours.  We are really comfortable on our own as we own a kayak at home and have our own snorkeling gear and it's something different from the usual tours.  We have this booked on the port day as we are not renting a car there and are staying in the Red Hook area and the company is closer to the cruise port than our air bnb.