Canceling/disappearing excursions

JPH814

Anyone else have this experience with Seabourne?  I booked an excursion, they charged my card, I see it on my itinerary and I got a confirmation email.   Weeks later the excursion is no longer on my itinerary.  It has happened now 2 times. First time I called and they said yes it was canceled but is now again available so I rebooked.  Today I see a different excursion has disappeared.  Booked in April.  Cruise is 7 days away.  I will call them Monday, but WT?   

• Like 1

This is not uncommon.  There can be many reasons, especially since Covid (port issues, local excursion staffing, mechanicals, surprise strikes, low demand, etc.).  You will not always get a clear answer what is going on.

Keep close track of charges, refunds, refunds outstanding.

It is all just part of the work of cruising, 'luxury' or not.

Also, at home while with good internet, set up a "Plan B" for a port if possible, e.g., a DIY, in case short notice cancellations occur while already on the cruise. 

And while on board, go to all little evening port talks to get quickest access to possible new information, watch the SB Source app on board( though don't trust it completely as it may be inaccurate ), and be ready to book at a moment's notice.  

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Anyone else have this experience with Seabourne?  I booked an excursion, they charged my card, I see it on my itinerary and I got a confirmation email.   Weeks later the excursion is no longer on my itinerary.  It has happened now 2 times. First time I called and they said yes it was canceled but is now again available so I rebooked.  Today I see a different excursion has disappeared.  Booked in April.  Cruise is 7 days away.  I will call them Monday, but WT?   

Hurricane Fiona has created quite a bit of damages to the Atlantic region. I would expect that would jhave an impact on the excursions. On the September 22 cruise, if an excursion was cancelled and then a similar one reappeared, the destination team would give priority to those who had previously booked on the cancelled tour, and rebooked them automatically on the new tour. I hope the same process will apply to your cruise.

21 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

This is not uncommon.  There can be many reasons, especially since Covid (port issues, local excursion staffing, mechanicals, surprise strikes, low demand, etc.).  You will not always get a clear answer what is going on.

Keep close track of charges, refunds, refunds outstanding.

It is all just part of the work of cruising, 'luxury' or not.

Also, at home while with good internet, set up a "Plan B" for a port if possible, e.g., a DIY, in case short notice cancellations occur while already on the cruise. 

And while on board, go to all little evening port talks to get quickest access to possible new information, watch the SB Source app on board( though don't trust it completely as it may be inaccurate ), and be ready to book at a moment's notice.  

I agree that S*IT Happens BUT there is zero/no excuse for not sending a cancellation e-mail 

22 hours ago, JPH814 said:

i believe we are on the same upcoming cruise.  Recently, one of our tours was cancelled, on in which I paid for a couple of months ago and received a confirmation via email.  I did receive a confirmation email regarding the cancellation and it also included the dollar amount that was credit back to the credit card.

Nancy

• Like 1