COVID self-test, how?

LB_NJ

On 10/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, Wineaux007 said:

Is the expiry date on the stick showing the negative test?

You can also check online the website for the brand of test that you have, ours expired the end of Sept, but on the website it stated the FDA extended the expiration date three months beyond that date. 

1 hour ago, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

You can also check online the website for the brand of test that you have, ours expired the end of Sept, but on the website it stated the FDA extended the expiration date three months beyond that date. 

The expiration date is on the box.  Not the test stick.  The dates have been extended several times but up to an additional year.  Check the website of your particular test for the correct details.

I would hope that you would not want to board the ship knowing you are positive, and would test correctly, but the new rules certainly allow for fudging the results.

I suppose it comes down to integrity and doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

I am currently in Rome waiting to board the Edge on Friday, I will test tomorrow, I tested before getting on the plane, and after all negative 

• Like 2

Tom, it depends where the cruise starts and where it ends as well as if you are vaccinated or not:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/travel

For US sailings, if you are vaccinated you don't need any test ahead of time. Regarding B2B it says:

Back-to-Back-Sailings

Testing for back-to-back sailings is not required for all sailings. Guests will be notified onboard if testing is required and will be provided testing at no cost if needed.

But there are also special rules if you visit Bermuda:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The expiration date is on the box.  Not the test stick.  The dates have been extended several times but up to an additional year.  Check the website of your particular test for the correct details.

That is what I basically said. If the box is expired check online, The dates on most kits have been extended, but I haven’t seen any up to a year out.