Thermal Suite on HAL Koningsdam

oaktreerb

Thermal Suite on my 7 day cruise is 15 minutes for $149.  Is it worth it?  Do you have to pre-book a 15 minute block of time every day?  I guess I would need a swimsuit???   I have OBC to spend and this would be a totally new experience for me.  Any advice about using the Thermal Suite?  Tell me about your experience with this HAL indulgence so I can decide if I want to try it.

Where did you see 15 minutes?  There is no time limit for using the thermal areas.  Maybe the loungers just to be polite if someone is waiting???

And YES you will need a swimsuit in the area as it's "co-ed". The mens/womens only saunas do not require one.  And they are free!!

Edited by iramack
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Is it worth it?

It's our #1 indulgence/splurge onboard.  Her Majesty and I enjoy it and use it daily.  Sometimes 2x a day.  We know we have finally arrived on a 'dam ship when we take our first dip into the hydro pool.  

I guess I would need a swimsuit???

Yes, It's all co-ed

Any advice about using the Thermal Suite?

Do everything.  

Do not shy away from the ice bucket.  You will know what I mean once you see it.  I consider that my daily heart test. 

Have fun!

5 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Do everything.

Just curious, did you enjoy the horizontal shower? I did not try that one. It looked like voluntary waterboarding, so I skipped that one. But I enjoyed everything else, including the bucket.

Though, I'll be honest, the buttons inside the big shower where the thalassotherapy pool was didn't seem to do anything for me. Just seemed like random things would happen. I couldn't ever get that one to work correctly or very long.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, five. said:

Just curious, did you enjoy the horizontal shower?

Not my favorite......I always seems to get in there at least one time.....Esp when waiting on a heated lounge to open up. It's a bit odd.  I learned to cover my eyes before pressing the button!

33 minutes ago, five. said:

I'll be honest, the buttons inside the big shower where the thalassotherapy pool was didn't seem to do anything for me. Just seemed like random things would happen.

Understood. So even though there are two buttons, I think only one actually turns on the shower and it goes in a rotation....We usually make a dash for that shower  right before getting in the pool and stay for the full rotation. 

I really like the very large rain shower.....I would sometimes head there as the last thing and count that as my shower before dinner......We got a new shower head a few years back and getting that rain water shower head "just like HAL" was the goal.

Most of the time we are rotating between the hot lounges and the pool......"rinse and repeat" with a cold bucket dump and shower sometimes in between.......As well as a trip to the big sauna to see who can stay the longest....Her Majesty usually is the first out. 

The Thermal Suite and therapy pool/saunas have open times and whenever they are open, you can go. There is a posted time limit (25 or 30 mins) on the loungers if it is crowded. You can also utilize the changing and shower rooms with all bathroom amenities including a hair dryer plus fluffy towels and bathrobes as well which are very nice. Just check in at the front desk to get your access key card and wrist band key for the lockers. 

Edited by fatcat04

Thanks everybody for all the information.  I’ll pack my swimsuit and I’ll plan to go to the spa on boarding day for the open house.  I usually skip it since it’s so crowded.  I think it will be easier to use my OBC if I book onboard.

• Like 1