Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Just now, Cbtours said:

I was meaning (but obviously didn’t finish) that even though it was commented that it may become optional with staff on 27th, it obviously hadn’t on board yet (maybe that’s overseas). There are more passengers wearing masks than I noticed in june

I think they may have dropped the mask mandate on Majestic but sensibly kept it in place on Coral since it's a long cruise. 

Yes, mask wearing was certainly better than the latter half of the 26th June cruise we were on, at least in the first few days of the cruise. It did slacken off a bit from Cairns onward but improved again after Darwin which is when tables started appearing in front of cabin doors.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

In hindsight it might have been smarter for Princess to require shipwide tests before the Darwin port stop. That would have weeded out those people concealing their symptoms earlier so it would not have spread so much. Perhaps on long cruises like this there should be mandatory tests once a week.

Alas, they won't. That is the same story that repeats on longer cruises overseas, and the transpacific cruises.

They will only test according to the protocols - those presenting with symptoms, or as required by their destination ports. Up to 3% is considered a healthy cruise, and they won't go out of their way to potentially trigger that level. Not just a Princess thing, as they are all following the same path. Not a cynical as it sounds, but it is not any individual they are responding to, but the ship number. As it reads for your situation, they will take very good care of you as a confirmed positive.

Our state health authorities are also unconcerned with you or I as individual numbers, just that the ship can manage the overall count.

• Like 1

We have been advised that we will be stopping in Busselton on Sunday but missing Albany. We will still be following the storm over the Bight though. 

Those who want to go ashore in Busselton have to do another RAT that day.

They are talking about compensation for missed ports but haven't said exactly what yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have been advised that we will be stopping in Busselton on Sunday but missing Albany. We will still be following the storm over the Bight though. 

They are talking about compensation for missed ports but haven't said exactly what yet.

Presumably obc?

Just now, Cbtours said:

Can you only use FCC for a new cruise? Not put to paying towards current one???

The 13th Sept cruise ones could be used for existing bookings or new bookings but not that cruise - it didn't come through for a few weeks.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You should get some some compo like FCC and a little obc.  

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Geraldton and Albany have/will be missed because of weather conditions - factors outside the control of the cruise line. On previous occasions when this has happened, passengers are credited with the port fees for that port. This would only be a small number of dollars per person per port. If your travel insurance has compensation for a missed port, you can file a claim.

• Like 2

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Geraldton and Albany have/will be missed because of weather conditions - factors outside the control of the cruise line. On previous occasions when this has happened, passengers are credited with the port fees for that port. This would only be a small number of dollars per person per port. If your travel insurance has compensation for a missed port, you can file a claim.

Actually when we were stuck in Melbourne for three days, missing our port calls to Port Lincoln and Adelaide, due to bad weather between Melbourne and Adelaide they gave us 20% of our fares back as FCCs. Very generous IMHO.

• Like 4

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually when we were stuck in Melbourne for three days, missing our port calls to Port Lincoln and Adelaide, due to bad weather between Melbourne and Adelaide they gave us 20% of our fares back as FCCs. Very generous IMHO.

I agree, that was very generous.

I hope you are feeling better and that Rolf is still virus-free.🙂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Indeed they did, plus $50 obc. I got $500 in FCC.  I might have to use it soon and book another short cruise, while I can.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

How are iso meal deliveries today my friends? There were some issues yesterday, gazpam was waiting 6 hours for lunch. I wonder if it ever arrived?

isn't there a phone in the cabin?  I wouldn't be waiting six hours for lunch - that is unsatisfactory.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NSWP said:

How are iso meal deliveries today my friends? There were some issues yesterday, gazpam was waiting 6 hours for lunch. I wonder if it ever arrived?

So far so good for us. Breakfast arrived very quickly this morning. Rolf just ordered another espresso and it arrived within a few minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

isn't there a phone in the cabin?  I wouldn't be waiting six hours for lunch - that is unsatisfactory.  

That is what they posted yesterday, ordered lunch in iso @ 10am and still waiting @ 4pm.  I would have been ringing the Captain, lol. I would say the galley and delivery staff could not cope with the work load or their order was lost.

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Did you try to contact them again? Mistakes do happen. I'm not sure how their system works but it is possible someone accidentally signed off your order as completed by mistake.

Lost count how many times I contacted them. In the end, lunch arrived about 4.15pm then dinner at 5.30pm, then a second dinner at 7pm. 🤣. Have managed to get our beautiful regular Lady for our phone order today, so I am sure today will be quite different. 

• Like 3

Just now, gazpam said:

Lost count how many times I contacted them. In the end, lunch arrived about 4.15pm then dinner at 5.30pm, then a second dinner at 7pm. 🤣. Have managed to get our beautiful regular Lady for our phone order today, so I am sure today will be quite different. 

That is good. You had a few feasts late in the day then, above all enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I agree, that was very generous.

I hope you are feeling better and that Rolf is still virus-free.🙂

It was a nine day cruise and we missed two of the four ports. I guess they have some sort of formula that takes into account the length of the cruise and the total number of ports.

Rolf is still testing negative and has no symptoms. 😊

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So far so good for us. Breakfast arrived very quickly this morning. Rolf just ordered another espresso and it arrived within a few minutes.

Great service that Julie.

• Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

That is what they posted yesterday, ordered lunch in iso @ 10am and still waiting @ 4pm.  I would have been ringing the Captain, lol. I would say the galley and delivery staff could not cope with the work load or their order was lost.

My guess is the order was lost or marked as completed by mistake. It was a lot slower at lunch yesterday, mine took an hour. I was just about to call them when it arrived.

We preordered dinner for 7pm and it arrived at 7:15pm. Our predinner cocktails and after dinner cognacs arrived promptly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My guess is the order was lost or marked as completed by mistake. It was a lot slower at lunch yesterday, mine took an hour. I was just about to call them when it arrived.

We preordered dinner for 7pm and it arrived at 7:15pm. Our predinner cocktails and after dinner cognacs arrived promptly.

Hope each day is feeling better for you Julie and Rolf still going well. Frank is feeling fine and I’m still negative I’m pleased to say 🥰🥰

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Oh dear. Are you sure I can’t nip up and grab something 

So kind of you. Thankyou for the offer. We finally got our lunch at about 4.15pm. Stay well. Will keep you in mind if we have a problem today. Don't expect it though, as I managed to get our beautiful regular Lady on the phone to place our order. Stay well.

• Like 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

Hope each day is feeling better for you Julie and Rolf still going well. Frank is feeling fine and I’m still negative I’m pleased to say 🥰🥰

I'm feeling pretty good now, I just have a slight cough. Rolf is still negative.

• Like 3