Cabin Door Decorations

shipshape sam

Our door on the Koningsdam recently, and I received a LOT of compliments from neighbors and passers-by.  There were many fun and meaningful decorations on doors throughout the ship!

20230321_200839.jpg

20230321_200806.jpg

• Like 4

We take a collage of photos of our goats for the door.  Sure, it helps give an instant visual of where the room is (lazy perhaps) but its fun.  It has also stimulated conversation and social activity which we enjoy.  I love seeing how much effort and forethought people can put into a door but do admit that balloons scare me somewhat (phobia) .....  😁

• Like 2

This is an example of what I use to decorate my cabin door.  Nothing that protrudes into the hallway.  I may have had a glass of wine or two before taking this photo. (can't straighten it out here. Lol!)  Nice advertising for Cruise Critic, too.  I made up the design of it on a Word document, printed it and slid it into this sturdy clear sleeve with magnetic tape on the back so it would stay on the door. 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAmA0igmg2mTj4qkzwDGR0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1497898827

On Prinsendam these would be placed at the end of the little hallway to our cabin, an oceanview on deck 5 Dolphin deck.  Anyone remember those?  It was about 6-7 feet long off the main corridor and there was a door on each side of the little hallway.  One to your own room and one to the room next door to yours.  One day DH was returning to our room and saw a man leave the little hallway to our cabin and head for the atrium stairwell, holding my door sign.  He followed him and confronted him.  The man (Australian accent) said I was just going to take it up to show my wife.  DH said no you aren't and took it away from him.  I'm glad the dummy didn't get away with it.  

I just found another photo of my door sign on a different cruise and this may have even been the cruise it was almost stolen!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1DPVeO6Tt6LehOqmA-qiQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558783475

Here is deck 5 Dolphin deck on Prinsendam (now Phoenix Reisen Amera) showing the little hallways that branched off of it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwLqNcjVkSNa_zISfbgrRv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558783471

I sure miss that ship!  But just wanted to show those who think all door decor is tacky and dangerous that that's not always true.  I liked it and sometimes neighbors would say thanks for posting that so I can find my room, plus they enjoyed looking at it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Clever idea StLouisCruisers. Do I understand correctly that this would have been a poster of the cruise that you were currently on? That would be great for me because I can never remember what port I am going to next!

And wouldn’t it have been easier for the poster thief  to have brought his wife to your door to admire it? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Clever idea StLouisCruisers. Do I understand correctly that this would have been a poster of the cruise that you were currently on? That would be great for me because I can never remember what port I am going to next!

And wouldn’t it have been easier for the poster thief  to have brought his wife to your door to admire it? LOL

Thank you, I'm glad you like the idea.  Yes, I made each one individually for each cruise with the ports listed.  If it was a B2B I just combined it all into one poster.  I found the Cruise Critic logo online and copied and pasted it to a Word document.  Then filled in the rest.  It was certainly handy for keeping track of upcoming ports!

And yes, that's what we said about him not bringing his wife down to see the poster.  He told DH he might forget where it was!  Take a picture on your phone, buddy!  One day at lunch in the MDR they took us to a table for two a foot away from another table for two, and guess who was sitting right there?  Yes, the robber and his wife!  We declined the table and told the DR manager exactly why.  We had an enjoyable lunch elsewhere in the DR.  

• Like 3