10/13 MSC Meraviglia total disaster

slk1000

@GA Dave You sound like a guy I'd enjoy cruising with. Thanks for the great tips on the buffet and the Sky Bar. I am headed on board with my family, 5 cabins and hope it goes well as I talked them into this bc I liked the ship. I had a rough experience with Meraviglia but I was on her first sailing after covid reopening. I wrote off MSc. Until I got a free one on Divina that I liked. And then went on Seashore, where I had a blast. It is truly a different line and definitely not for everyone. Attitude determines a lot. It took me 3.5 hours to board a RCCL Enchantment of the Seas in July. They changed our dinner time to late and had the audacity to allow a tropical storm to change our ports to sea days. We simply made the best of it bc it's a cruise.😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Did  you need to keep your suitcases with you or could you drop them at curb before getting on line?

So sorry for all you went through on this cruise.

I carried mine on as I usually do for all three-night cruises.  They also have a luggage drop off available right in front of the terminal if needed.

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

I carried mine on as I usually do for all three-night cruises.  They also have a luggage drop off available right in front of the terminal if needed.

Thanks.  I would normally bring two carry-ons (for me and hubby) on a 3 night also, but thinking it may be easier to bring 1 large one so we would be able to just check it and not pull them around the line and along the ship until we can get in our cabin.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, GA Dave said:

Unfortunately, I have seen this type of behavior at many different venues since the pandemic.  I've been on many cruises, been to multiple land resorts, and several of the theme parks in the Orlando area many times since things reopened in 2021 and it seems this is the "new" attitude of many people.  No matter how small the issue or how insignificant the quality slip, they feel totally entitled to a free meal, free passes, and people being fired to satisfy their idea of restitution.  It's become completely out of control.

Love this!  Hope to cruise with you sometime.  You are spot on!  I am just thankful I can cruise.  I am thankful for everyone who shows up to work... from Circle K to Aldi to MSC.  🙂  I feel like taking a second job (even though I don't need it) just to fill those holes from people not willing to work, or quitting because of the "entitlement mentality" driving them away.  

• Like 5

After reading just about every post in this thread, I believe it comes down to timing.  It was poor timing, with Coast Guard inspection and first cruise out of US after European season - it seems to be common across cruiselines.  I am really sorry for those who had this bad experience on a first-time MSC cruise.

We have cruised Carnival, Costa, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL, and MSC.  Our favorite line is MSC because of the value for our family (DH and DS are 100% convinced, I am still sort of 'undecided').  So, please do not let this post-TA experience be the deciding factor for whether you cruise MSC.

We are booked on Meraviglia for Thanksgiving.  We are grateful for the amazing prices, which allowed us to book 2 aft balconies for 3 of us (cheaper than 1 balcony on RCL or NCL).  I will post my trip report on Cruise Critic (hopefully live).  In the meantime, here are my trip reports of our past MSC experiences... Thanks to the OP for warning me about post TA cruises.  

• Like 3