Crown Princess

memoak

Nov 7, 2022

We are currently on board Crown Princess.  There don't seem to be any vibration issues.  We have been eating in the Da Vinci dining room (Deck 6/midships) but have also spent time in the stern area, which has been quite smooth.

The crew has been very willing and efficient.  The Medallion App continues to have problems.   It had difficulty with the time change that we just had and also we have never been able to make dinner reservations either before boarding and also on board.  We were also not able to get a boarding time/group out of the app and so just called Princess to get one.

Some things that have worked well with the app include:  unlocking the cabin door (which is actually helpful when you have two coffees in your hands), and finding your friend(s) on board.  The medallion has also worked seamlessly for boarding and disembarkation as well checking in at the restaurants and making on board purchases.

One strange feature is that I twice tried to order drinks in the Explorers' Lounge and the system cancelled both my orders.  After waiting a considerable amount of time I looked back in the history section for transactions saw the cancelled status.  Not sure what the glitch is since my girlfriend was able to order drinks in the same location.

If you have any questions please feel to post here.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Nov 7, 2022

We are currently on board Crown Princess.  There don't seem to be any vibration issues.  We have been eating in the Da Vinci dining room (Deck 6/midships) but have also spent time in the stern area, which has been quite smooth.

The crew has been very willing and efficient.  The Medallion App continues to have problems.   It had difficulty with the time change that we just had and also we have never been able to make dinner reservations either before boarding and also on board.  We were also not able to get a boarding time/group out of the app and so just called Princess to get one.

Some things that have worked well with the app include:  unlocking the cabin door (which is actually helpful when you have two coffees in your hands), and finding your friend(s) on board.  The medallion has also worked seamlessly for boarding and disembarkation as well checking in at the restaurants and making on board purchases.

One strange feature is that I twice tried to order drinks in the Explorers' Lounge and the system cancelled both my orders.  After waiting a considerable amount of time I looked back in the history section for transactions saw the cancelled status.  Not sure what the glitch is since my girlfriend was able to order drinks in the same location.

Any restaurants closed or SD?  How many guests are expected for Nov 9th sailing?

TIA

16 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Can you verify whether the free sauna & steam are still available in the locker rooms? Guests on the Emerald have confirmed their removal and I'm wondering if this is happening to all ships in this class.

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Any restaurants closed or SD?  How many guests are expected for Nov 9th sailing?

TIA

Salty Dog Gastro Pub is closed. Also, MDR was closed for lunch on Embarkation Day. This morning, we were on Deck 7 in the forward part of the ship and decided to walk to Horizon Court for lunch by first going to Deck 10. Didn't realize there was a sewage problem, but were almost overcome by the smell.

6 minutes ago, billco said:

Salty Dog Gastro Pub is closed. Also, MDR was closed for lunch on Embarkation Day. This morning, we were on Deck 7 in the forward part of the ship and decided to walk to Horizon Court for lunch by first going to Deck 10. Didn't realize there was a sewage problem, but were almost overcome by the smell.

Thank you for responding.  
Not happy MDR not open for lunch! Hope it is tmrw.  Are you having rough seas?  Pouring down again in San Pedro now.

Also, disgusting that deck 10 sewage not fixed in dry dock.  Don’t want to deal with that. 

Could be my last cruise on an old ship. 
Are you staying on?

17 minutes ago, billco said:

Continuing sewage problem is certainly bad news. Did it seem to be confined to the forward part of the ship?

On 11/6/2022 at 10:57 AM, phoebe2m said:

I don't know but we are on the Crown to Hawaii 1/31/23 and we are also leaving at 3:00. We get an extra hour!

The ship is subject to speed restrictions in and out of San Pedro to minimize the impact on marine life. 

My Cabo cruise in Feb has also had the departure time moved up from 4PM to 3PM due to these restrictions. I’ve also had a Vancouver to LA cruise arrive an hour later than scheduled due to having to slow down on the approach into San Pedro. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bubbaed said:

Can you verify whether the free sauna & steam are still available in the locker rooms? Guests on the Emerald have confirmed their removal and I'm wondering if this is happening to all ships in this class.

Just checked.  The men's changing room by the Lotus Pool and spa has a sauna and steam room.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

MDR Michelangelo appeared to be closed.  Our cruise is only 3/4 full so not surprised that something would be closed.

Lines at Da Vinci MDR appeared long at times.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:17 PM, Smokeyham said:

Items in red are not part of the app. They are a function of the medallion itself in combination with the ship's computer system.

• Thanks 1