Sirena 7006/7007 C1 Ocean View: Porthole or Square Window? (See Jan 13, 2022 Thread)

MEFIowa

There was a thread on this back on January 13, 2022. With pictures inside and out. But it seemed like the inside-looking out photos had a large square window but the outside view of Sirena showed a smaller porthole. Was all academic to me until yesterday when I booked 7006 for a September 2024 Baltic cruise. Now...I'm wondering about the window.

These two unique C1s on Deck 7 and their counterparts on Deck 6 (6004/6005) have the additional interior space that would be balconies as in the Veranda rooms just next to them aft.

Anyone have a picture from 7006 looking out with the curtains open?

45 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

There was a thread on this back on January 13, 2022. With pictures inside and out. But it seemed like the inside-looking out photos had a large square window but the outside view of Sirena showed a smaller porthole. Was all academic to me until yesterday when I booked 7006 for a September 2024 Baltic cruise. Now...I'm wondering about the window.

These two unique C1s on Deck 7 and their counterparts on Deck 6 (6004/6005) have the additional interior space that would be balconies as in the Veranda rooms just next to them aft.

An online photo  shows it as a port hole. I can't post the link since it's a travel agency, but if you Google "Sirena 7006 C1 Ocean View" you should be able to find the photo.

Edited by 1985rz1

If you look at a full view photo of the R-ships (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships) you will see large round windows on decks 6, 7, and 8 (forward). On deck 4 you will see mostly square windows. On deck 3 you will see tiny round windows; these are the portholes in the D-category cabins. The C1 and C2 category cabins either have the square windows or the large round windows. I hope that helps.

You can see the size of the large round window by viewing the vista-suite photos  (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/suites-and-staterooms)

Edited by AMHuntFerry
Added vista suite info

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

39 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

An online photo  shows it as a port hole. I can't post the link since it's a travel agency, but if you Google "Sirena 7006 C1 Ocean View" you should be able to find the photo.

I should have clarified my porthole statement.  The windows are round, but larger than the traditional porthole.

Stayed in 7006 on the Regatta 4/2022, our first time in a non- balcony Oceania ship. Chose 7006 as all balcony and above were waitlisted. When balconies became available we decided to stay put. So sorry that I have no photo to share. The bed is nearer the cabin entrance, the seating area near the window. The window is small with a large ledge.  The bad: no concierge privileges. The good: huge sitting area, great cabin steward. We asked for an additional chair which we set next to loveseat for more comfortable seating. Ledge at window was good storage for paperwork, maps and the like. Oceania could replace loveseat with PH type couch & raise the price! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Stayed in 7006 on the Regatta 4/2022, our first time in a non- balcony Oceania ship. Chose 7006 as all balcony and above were waitlisted. ... So sorry that I have no photo to share. The bed is nearer the cabin entrance, the seating area near the window. The window is small with a large ledge.  The bad: no concierge privileges. The good: huge sitting area, great cabin steward. We asked for an additional chair which we set next to loveseat for more comfortable seating. Ledge at window was good storage for paperwork, maps and the like.... 

Thanks. Was the view out the window decent to see ports?

We're on Sirena deck 6 in a B2 Veranda next month. Did an A4 Concierge on Riviera 12/21. Since there is NO Concierge Lounge on Sirena, the concierge part is mostly superfluous for my wife and I. What "perks" you get not worth the price. We did the A4 off the Presidents' Day Sale price in Feb. 21. Only $2099 per! The same ship and identical cruise in Mar. 23 for that A4 is $3999. Even booking the B2 while on Riviera and avoiding the two $100 prices increases afterwards, still $2399 per. Going up to an A1/A2 hardly gets me much I find really valuable on Sirena.

• Thanks 1

Yes, the view out the window was decent enough. The 7006 cabin inside space was really good, but when we repeated the cruise in September in a balcony (A2),  we decided that balcony and above are our favorite cabins. 

25 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Yes, the view out the window was decent enough. The 7006 cabin inside space was really good, but when we repeated the cruise in September in a balcony (A2), we decided that balcony and above are our favorite cabins. 

Thanks.

Depending upon what you want, you may get what you pay for. BUT in this case the $2849 per C1 just fine for us, esp. since this 10-day is port intensive so lots of excursions for us when O would charge us $3799 per for a B2 or $4099 per for an A3. 

• 11 months later...

The window inside 7006 (C1, round window) was "small"?  It looks huge from the photos linked above.  Is the window bigger than the square window in the same category of oceanview cabins on deck 4?  Is the cabin size bigger in the deck 6 and 7 oceanviews, compared to those on deck 4?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, aaaaa said:

The window inside 7006 (C1, round window) was "small"?  It looks huge from the photos linked above.  Is the window bigger than the square window in the same category of oceanview cabins on deck 4?  Is the cabin size bigger in the deck 6 and 7 oceanviews, compared to those on deck 4?  Thanks.

Haven’t been in the deck four oceanviews so can’t comment on window size  comparison,   We were in 7006 on Sirena for 21 nights.   Window is approx 4 feet tall.   The deck 6 and 7 Oceanviews are longer than deck 4 staterooms, as what should be the balcony space is now inside the room.

We loved this stateroom.

Joe

22BAC81C-5CE0-433B-91C8-130EFE28822D.jpeg

F0AFD680-46C0-422E-BB1B-F663D010A4A0.jpeg

CBEC1784-8734-41C6-8DBB-7E5D98CBF2ED.jpeg

0524F63F-BF60-4BB8-9553-C4137EF239DE.jpeg

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sailed in this cabin,7006 on Insignia, 2019  Really loved the additional interior space.  Only drawback was very rough seas on that voyage.  Sea spray and waves came all the up to this deck.  About 1/2 crew and pax were missing from GDR that night.  Desk was handing out meclizine like candy !  It worked for me, and am never bothered by rough seas, except that night.

These 4 C-1 cabins are usually 1st to be sold.

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Thanks 2