Onb

coljack

Finished Spain. About to start Italy+. Taking advantage of mostly disembarked passengers between cruise segments to enjoy good (relatively speaking) internet. These are observations from veteran Regent travelers but first time on Splendor and first since pandemic. Regent is still Regent. Great time. Terrific crew. No major complaints. David Nevin started a contract as Cruise Director on Oct 11 so he will be on Splendor for the near future. Very conscientious, approachable, and effective. DO NOT MISS HIS SHOW!  Great voice and great performer. Speaker was Brian Unger. Most entertaining speaker we have seen on Regent. He won’t be back until Panama Canal in Dec, but has 11 cruises scheduled in 2023. I know no one chooses their cruises by speakers, but don’t miss him if he is on board. His audiences were larger than some shows. We liked Splendor a lot. Lighter decor than Explorer.   Very interesting art throughout ship.  BTW, 625 guests aboard. All restaurants open and fully staffed. Bar service spotty. Usually fine but once waited 30 minutes+ in  Observation Lounge even when not crowded. Sight lines have been fixed in theater but first few rows in center area were freezing with cold air blowing on you from above. Senior staff told us they were well aware but couldn’t fix problem. Sweater doesn’t help. Unless you wear a hoodie, you can sit under the balcony, on the balcony, or on the sides. Was odd to see the best seats empty for some shows. Singers and dancers were very talented but Regent choreographers seem to be targeting younger audiences. Lots of suggestive bumping and grinding and more Bruno Mars than Tony Bennet. Just our opinion, though, and there was a terrific Broadway show. To repeat, the entire crew was friendly, helpful, and everything you have come to expect on Regent. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, coljack said:

Should have been titled Onboard Splendor in Barcelona. Darned internet. 

I thought I had another acronym to learn.  Lol. 

Thanks for your report from Splendor.  Sounds as though things are in good shape.   Any comments about cuisine?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, coljack said:

Should have been titled Onboard Splendor in Barcelona. Darned internet. 

You may be able to have the title of the thread changed, if you write to C C support at

community@cruisecritic.com

It would be a shame if people miss your very nice report if they do not understand the title and don't click on it.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2022 at 3:52 PM, RJ2002 said:

I thought I had another acronym to learn.  Lol. 

Thanks for your report from Splendor.  Sounds as though things are in good shape.   Any comments about cuisine?

Compass Rose and Pool Grill were excellent.  Prime 7 was very nice.  chartreuse and Pacific Rim were beautiful but we will pass on this segment and stick with CR. Seti Mari was much better than we remembered and merited a return visit. But it fills up fast.  BTW, passenger count is up to 675 for this segment. 

• Thanks 1