Can 1 person in the cabin Check-in if the other guest is already onboard?

lbryant

My sister-in-law and I are doing a B2B on Edge next month but our husbands are only sailing on the 2nd cruise. I assume she and I will go through the check-in process with the other B2B guests. When our husbands arrive at the port later, will they have any issues checking in if we're not with them?   In a pre-sail email from Celebrity I noted it said guests on the same reservation must check in at the same time.  Has anyone experienced a situation where one guest on a reservation is on a B2B and the other guest on the reservation is only on the second sailing? FYI: We will be changing rooms (Sky Suite on 1st sailing and we each have Sunset Verandahs on 2nd sailing). Each reservation is separate.  If possible, I would prefer to get in front of this and not wait until we're onboard. Thanks for your help.

While I've never done it,  I would not think it will be a problem.   When I have checked in they check us in individually.    You also each have an individual express pass which is what is used to board.    Just do your B2B process and meet him when he boards.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, lbryant said:

My sister-in-law and I are doing a B2B on Edge next month but our husbands are only sailing on the 2nd cruise. I assume she and I will go through the check-in process with the other B2B guests. When our husbands arrive at the port later, will they have any issues checking in if we're not with them?   In a pre-sail email from Celebrity I noted it said guests on the same reservation must check in at the same time.  Has anyone experienced a situation where one guest on a reservation is on a B2B and the other guest on the reservation is only on the second sailing? FYI: We will be changing rooms (Sky Suite on 1st sailing and we each have Sunset Verandahs on 2nd sailing). Each reservation is separate.  If possible, I would prefer to get in front of this and not wait until we're onboard. Thanks for your help.

As the rules clearly state all passengers on a booking must be present to check in I would think you will have to disembark and will not be able to re-board until your partner arrives. This is not a subject for Roll Call speculation , you should seek formal written confirmation from Celebrity.

I really don' t think this can be resolved before you get on the ship.  Maybe if you ask the suite concierge in advance, they might be able to find out the real answer, but this is one of those processes that the people in a call center are not going to have any idea of how it will really be handled on the ship.  Having both parties present at check-in was a pandemic-era change.  With those rules changing so much, I bet they'll be able to be a little more flexible than they were even just a few months ago, especially since you will have already been cleared to be on the ship as part of the B2B process.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

I really don' t think this can be resolved before you get on the ship.  Maybe if you ask the suite concierge in advance, they might be able to find out the real answer, but this is one of those processes that the people in a call center are not going to have any idea of how it will really be handled on the ship.  Having both parties present at check-in was a pandemic-era change.  With those rules changing so much, I bet they'll be able to be a little more flexible than they were even just a few months ago, especially since you will have already been cleared to be on the ship as part of the B2B process.

My guess is that they won't be cleared in the B2B system because the ship needs a zero count to start boarding and having one passenger "missing" from the new cruise paperwork will cause the problem. Remember the Shoreside  Staff are totally separate from the Shipboard  Staff and the rules are clear all passengers must be present at check-in. The only solution is to get written confirmation from Celebrity.

While we have never experienced the situation our OP is in, I suspect that @Jim_Iain is correct.  Once on board just have the Retreat Concierges give you instructions, but I suspect our OP and her sister-in-law will be meeting their respective spouses on board.  Worst case would be to use your transit passes and meet them in the terminal.

Several years ago, we did a b2b and my sil did also.

Her roomie for cruise #1 departed and her daughter boarded for cruise #2

without any issues of her Mom already on board.

Your Travel agent can certainly share what the current procedures are but

it was not a problem several years ago.

Brockmom

On 10/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, lbryant said:

In view of the differing opinions please post what actually happens as it will be very valuable information for the future. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the penguins said:

Remember the Shoreside  Staff are totally separate from the Shipboard  Staff

That is a very good point for everyone to remember when boarding. The Shoreside staff don't even work for the cruise lines, they are Port Authority employees who service multiple cruise lines. There will be a few Celebrity management staff around but for the most part, all of those people guiding you in the terminal and checking you in do not work for the cruise lines.