Drinks package on O

welwyngirl

11 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

The OP has already booked with the basic package. So the cost of the basic package is moot.

I believe you can make changing in the OLife  choice up to 14 days prior

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, jondfk said:

If you have the OLIFE package and drink only a couple outside of meal times you'll quickly break even.

However, it's important to consider when you actually drink.  For example, if you, like me, are a cocktail or two before dinner sort of person, the upgrade might not make sense. Why?  O has a 2 for 1 cocktail hour every night from 5:00 - 6:00.  Pay for one, get two (or get a double) which is generally enough for me.

Also, every sailing there is a captain's cocktail party before dinner too one night when most drinks are on the house.

On the other hand, if you're the sort who likes a bloody mary in the morning, a couple beers by the pool mid day, a drink or two before dinner and a nightcap before bed - the $20 uncharge is a great value.  I've done both within the past year, for sailings with a lot of sea days, I definitely found value in the upgraded package.  For sailings with lots of port days, not so much. 

We're with you. DH doesn't drink very much, maybe a sip of my wine at dinner.  So we usually bring on a few bottles for consumption in the room and may bring a bottle to dinner knowing that we will have to pay the corkage fee.  (If we're in a suite that includes the liquor package this is an easier decision!)

Normally I will just purchase a bottle from the wine list which generally lasts me for 2-3 dinners since I'm "drinking alone".  We've never found either booze package worth if FOR US.

9 hours ago, Mura said:

Normally I will just purchase a bottle from the wine list which generally lasts me for 2-3 dinners since I'm "drinking alone".  We've never found either booze package worth if FOR US.

Mura

We do the same   with maybe  a drink  in the evening  sometimes  1 by the  pool

Not big drinkers 

Is the cost of soft drinks, specialty coffee etc. included in cruise fare or is that covered by a beverage package. I'm sorry for my ignorance but we are just now contemplating our first Oceana cruise. We have been happy with our basic beverage package on Celebrity in the past but that was pre covid so we don't know what that is like now. We aren't big drinkers but it was nice to order special coffees (including those with alcohol) and know they were covered.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Is the cost of soft drinks, specialty coffee etc. included in cruise fare or is that covered by a beverage package. I'm sorry for my ignorance but we are just now contemplating our first Oceana cruise. We have been happy with our basic beverage package on Celebrity in the past but that was pre covid so we don't know what that is like now. We aren't big drinkers but it was nice to order special coffees (including those with alcohol) and know they were covered.

All non alcoholic drinks are included in the cruise fare

• Thanks 1