When should I order a Surf and Stream Package?

barbels

We'll be on the Anthem in January.  I know from experience that the surf package does not work for me.  We are diamond so I get 24 hours free.  That means I'd get one day off the package($26.99)  if i book off the ship or $66 off shipboard prices if I book it now.  I guess I've answered my own question.  BUT should I wait until black Friday to book or is $20.99 a day as good a price as I'll get?

27 minutes ago, barbels said:

We'll be on the Anthem in January.  I know from experience that the surf package does not work for me.  We are diamond so I get 24 hours free.  That means I'd get one day off the package($26.99)  if i book off the ship or $66 off shipboard prices if I book it now.  I guess I've answered my own question.  BUT should I wait until black Friday to book or is $20.99 a day as good a price as I'll get?

Wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. You can book now (your choice) and then if pricing goes lower on these days just cancel what you have booked and rebook at the lower price point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, kathylynnt said:

What is the difference between the 2 packages offered? The "surf & stream"   and the plain "surf" package?  I just want to be able to chat with my family at home.

Thanks, 

Kathy

depending on the ship you are on the differences can be quite significant. For example, on Liberty I accidentally bought the Surf and not Surf and Stream like I usually do. I discovered my error once on board.  I tried to make a go of if for a couple days but it was so slow that I couldn't stand it.  I went to Voom desk and upgraded and the difference was amazing.

Ive heard other people say that surf was sufficient for them. That's why I say it is ship dependent.  My question would be what do you mean by chat?  If you want to just text back and forth I would be acceptable, I imagine.  If you want FaceTime then I'd say you must have Surf and Stream.

Thank you for the info.  We will be on the Navigator.  For the few extra dollars, I will do the surf and stream!  What apps do you suggest that I put on my ipad in order to actually talk? Will facetime work? or do I need to put on "What's app?  (I probably should ask my teenage granddaughter-she'll know all that stuff). LOL

Kathy

6 minutes ago, kathylynnt said:

Thank you for the info.  We will be on the Navigator.  For the few extra dollars, I will do the surf and stream!  What apps do you suggest that I put on my ipad in order to actually talk? Will facetime work? or do I need to put on "What's app?  (I probably should ask my teenage granddaughter-she'll know all that stuff). LOL

Kathy

With Surf and Stream I have used FaceTime to great success on Navigator.  I wandered the ship showing it to my granddaughter for over an hour with only a couple minor freezes.  I conducted a zoom meeting on my aft-balcony on a seaday aboard Odyssey half way between Nassau and Aruba for an hour without a glitch.  Your iPhone messaging will work like it normally would on land. If you turn on wifi calling (do this before hand and test it) you can call and receive calls just like on land without too much trouble.

I've never used WhatsApp can't tell you about that.

I was looking around last night on the RC website for our 7 night med cruise next summer to see if any new info appeared and noticed the Stream and Surf package was on sale for $16 or something like that so I jumped on it.  I think for the Halloween sale it was twenty something so figured this is probably the lowest I will see it go.

Edited by CynBeth6