Aurea perks

AerynSun_JohnCrighton

Hey guys,

I got a co worker that is looking at MSC. They aren't on here. They were wondering about Aurea perks. We booked fantastica and the website is confusing. I know it recently changed and drinks are not included but is the access to thermal suite still included and anytime dining? What about for 3, 4 and 5th in cabin do they still get perks? I tried searching the thread but couldn't find anything recent. 

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

The dummy booking didn't mention thermal suite but the link does so they are confused. Its not clear thats why I asked and yes we looked at the link. 

The thermal suite is not included any more. But you may be able to get a discount prior to sailing.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:03 PM, mmbcater said:

The thermal suite is not included any more. But you may be able to get a discount prior to sailing.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, SirWolf said:

-> Aurea Experience:

• Access to thermal area (adults only)

D12D3E99-462B-4D7B-8D92-603A14BE8703.thumb.jpeg.4ab67a48475ec21a2b1a5abf101f80cc.jpeg

So who is correct?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

So who is correct?

Aurea access to Thermal Area is listed in Comparison Chart of Experiences ..and.. in description of privileges of Aurea Experience.

CC member @mmbcater posted the link to the chart and later stated that the Aurea Thermal Area access is not included.. giving no proof.

1 hour ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

No telling. I was hoping someone who has actually been in the last month would speak up and say.

Why are you questioning the privileges of Aurea Experience if they are listed on MSC Cruises USA website ?

Aurea Experience is called “Aurea” for a reason.. why call it Aurea when Aurea is not included ?

I would print the description of Aurea Privileges.. and check the Privileges included in booking confirmation. If something didn’t match.. I would call MSC to clarify.

34 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Why are you questioning the privileges of Aurea Experience if they are listed on MSC Cruises USA website ?

Aurea Experience is called “Aurea” for a reason.. why call it Aurea when Aurea is not included ?

I would print the description of Aurea Privileges.. and check the Privileges included in booking confirmation. If something didn’t match.. I would call MSC to clarify.

Because when you go to make a booking and it asked you to choose experience it doesn't list it in the perks. Very confusing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Because when you go to make a booking and it asked you to choose experience it doesn't list it in the perks. Very confusing 

Not all perks are listed in the small window describing Aurea Experience. Same with Yacht Club, not all perks listed during booking process but YC passengers get all YC perks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m also confused. I have a suite booked (auria) and under things to add to my trip is a thermal spa access pass for $130pp.   I read somewhere that that’s a discount, but I have a second room booked (fantastica balcony) and it is same price to add spa access.

I also read somewhere that “because covid” you have to have reservations and the spa fills up, so even though I really want to do the spa thing, I don’t know if it’s worth getting…

15 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Another area where the website conflicts with the options available. We were offered a WiFi package and a drink passage - even though we were in YC where those are automatically included.

Enhancements are not customized as per Experience, all available enhancements are offered to all passengers.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Enhancements are not customized as per Experience, all available enhancements are offered to all passengers.

Then why offer an enhancement to someone already booked in an Experience that automatically is included? I never tried to add it to see of it would allow me to include it twice. What would be the sense in that?

9 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Then why offer an enhancement to someone already booked in an Experience that automatically is included? I never tried to add it to see of it would allow me to include it twice. What would be the sense in that?

Doesn’t make sense but you just have to be smart. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

I don’t understand the logic in your response.

You got the answer ..

Why would you book something which is already included in your booking ?

What harm is done when you see the prices of internet packages and drink packages ?

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

The site just offers those things by default. Some items are included by experience and some are included by promo. Yacht Club guests get the offer to buy the drinks package even though Premium Extra (whatever it's called) is included. Yacht Club guests also get the offer to buy the internet package even though Premium Internet is included. 

It's like when going to SeaWorld and you see the prices for standard parking, preferred parking, VIP parking, etc.. People who have preferred or VIP parking included with their annual pass can just ignore the pricing because their parking is included with certain tiers of annual pass. 

If you have Yacht Club experience, you can ignore the offers for what you already have.

If you have Aurea experience, you can ignore the offer for what you already have. 

• Like 1

Thank you @mawvkysc and @Two Wheels Only for your responses. I am currently on a HAL ship in the middle of the Atlantic with the basic Surf package that is performing quite well! I understand that I can just ignore any offers that may be included in my cruise fare on any cruise line or have already added. But, for example HAL tells me that I already have something and doesn't allow me add it a second time. Maybe the MSC site is not as adept. We still enjoy cruising with them.