The Mason Jar brunch covered with UDP

28 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It was a subtle change in the Terms & Conditions of the package. 

20221106_154924.thumb.jpg.ebfcd1ff5517de4de78bec21570a5ef3.jpg

Still leads to interpretation issues for ships with multiple ala carte places (looking at you, Oasis of the Seas).  

Hmmm - I wonder if there's a way for them to tell who bought the package before the change was made. I can see this causing some confusion for a while. 

This was not in the terms when I bought my package back in June, but the email where they give you the confirmation of purchase doesn't list the terms and conditions, it only gives you a link to the current cruise planner (which I checked, does in fact state this once per day limit).

This probably won't affect me since I can't eat that much food anyway, but if I want to order an appetizer while watching a football game, then come back later for dessert, I should be able to because that's the package I purchased. It's unclear if the "$20 credit that can only be used once per day" means you can use "up to $20" once a day, or if you can make as many trips to the venue as you want, "up to $20."

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

It's unclear if the "$20 credit that can only be used once per day" means you can use "up to $20" once a day, or if you can make as many trips to the venue as you want, "up to $20."

Yes..is it use it all or lose the rest? That is unclear as well as can you get $20 of food at Playmakers and $20 of Portside in the same day. 

Being able to pop in whenever for a snack at Playmakers was a selling point for me that usually tipped the scales to buying the package. Now I will forego it and use my the D+ BOGO and pay the entirely reasonable ala carte prices at Playmakers and call it a day.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

Yes..is it use it all or lose the rest? That is unclear as well as can you get $20 of food at Playmakers and $20 of Portside in the same day. 

Being able to pop in whenever for a snack at Playmakers was a selling point for me that usually tipped the scales to buying the package. Now I will forego it and use my the D+ BOGO and pay the entirely reasonable ala carte prices at Playmakers and call it a day.

Good question, is it $20 per venue or $20 total, pick your venue for the day. 

I see at the bottom of my confirmation email it says "...bla bla bla, offerings can change without notice" so I guess they can make this change even after we've made our purchase under the previous conditions. However, they should send an email that says "Hey FYI we changed the conditions, if you don't want this anymore you can cancel it." That would cut down on the confusion and disappointment once on the ship. 

That being said, it doesn't make or break whether I want the package. I'll keep it, and would still buy it under these terms, but it's annoying that they didn't say anything, and had I not seen this post, I probably would have been disappointed finding out on the ship.

Back to the topic at hand regarding the Mason Jar.   I'm in the wrong on think it was an ala carte venue like izumi. And I apologize for any mis-information.  So I'm guessing UDP for brunch on sea days is still a go at the Mason Jar.  However, it doesn't appear to be open for brunch or lunch on port days.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Back to the topic at hand regarding the Mason Jar.   I'm in the wrong on think it was an ala carte venue like izumi. And I apologize for any mis-information.  So I'm guessing UDP for brunch on sea days is still a go at the Mason Jar.  However, it doesn't appear to be open for brunch or lunch on port days.

because it's most likely sold out

Ken, Do you have any clarification on the a la carte restrictions now on the unlimited dining package? for instance, if we had lunch at Giovanni's Wine Bar on Wonder and use our $20 allowance, is that it for the whole day, or can we go to Playmaker's later in the day and use our $20 allowance because it is a different venue? It's a little confusing to me. TIA for any info you can provide.