What's it cost to make Pinnacle?

gkbiiii

16 hours ago, SRF said:

Cruising makes sense to me, DUH. 😄

Don't have to cook or clean.  And don't have to drive (big RV or nice car).

Yup, that's the way we see it also.  😄 

Sold that big RV...used the proceeds to turn our huge attached RV port into a really...really big enclosed garage.  Even has A/C in it.   😉 

Edited by island lady

10 hours ago, mimi_j said:

I'm pretty sure I don't want to know! 🤣

We were trying to be loyal to royal, however, we've cruised a few times on Carnival simply because they are now the only cruise line that comes into Norfolk and we live 15 minutes from the terminal!  And our next two cruise on Carnival the cruise fare is free ($100 pp, then $100 OBC pp given - can't beat that and one is a 14 night cruise ☺️). 

And these are the kinds of things many people never notice. Focusing on what is "included" after 700 days of one line, instead of the savings from eliminating airfare and the fare itself (or lack thereof). While all scenarios are not equal, the bottom line tells a different story than a "free" buzzword.

The $1,000,000+ amount is better suited to Celebrity, where points are earned based on both Cabin Category and Onboard Spend.  The staff on the Edge, was telling me, how few members of their top tier there were, as well as how massive of a challenge, it was to get there.  As daunting as Royal's Pinnacle tier may seem, apparently, it pails in comparison to Celebrity. 

5 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

The $1,000,000+ amount is better suited to Celebrity, where points are earned based on both Cabin Category and Onboard Spend.  The staff on the Edge, was telling me, how few members of their top tier there were, as well as how massive of a challenge, it was to get there.  As daunting as Royal's Pinnacle tier may seem, apparently, it pails in comparison to Celebrity. 

Explain "onboard spend"? First I've heard this. Agree about Stateroom category.