HAL cruise ports

CruiserKris34

So, I know there is a separate forum for Cruise ports, but wanted to ask this here since I have read that there are multiple places at Key West that a ship can dock (or tender).  Where does HAL go?  Our itinerary does not list it (January 2023 on Nieuw Statendam).  Also, can you just walk around for shopping & restaurants?

Since I'm asking anyway LOL, how about Ocho Rios?  Same question.  Thanks all!!  Kris

Here is a listing of the cruises on the Nieuw Statendam for January. https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise.html#{!tag=destinationTag}destinationIds=&{!tag=departTag}departDate=2023-01-01T00:00:00Z&{!tag=durationTag}duration=&{!tag=embarkTag}embarkPortCode=&sort=&group.sort=&start=0&{!tag=shipsTag}shipId=NS&soldOut=false

Yes, you can just walk around and shop or you can join an organized, paid shore excursion. Third option is to stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet 

• Thanks 1

@CruiserKris34  another way to see all the details of your cruise and plan  and buy events ahead of time is to go to the website.  Once on the website go to manage my cruise.  All you need to get to your details is the booking number from your invoice and your last name.  Have fun exploring 

22 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Here is a listing of the cruises on the Nieuw Statendam for January. https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise.html#{!tag=destinationTag}destinationIds=&{!tag=departTag}departDate=2023-01-01T00:00:00Z&{!tag=durationTag}duration=&{!tag=embarkTag}embarkPortCode=&sort=&group.sort=&start=0&{!tag=shipsTag}shipId=NS&soldOut=false

Yes, you can just walk around and shop or you can join an organized, paid shore excursion. Third option is to stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet 

Thanks for the response!  Below is what I see, but was hoping to see the port name or if a tender, a name of an area where we go from the ship (for Ocho Rios & Key West).  That way, i can look at the area to see what shopping & restaurants are there.  The invoice from my TA does not have much info at all, including even the itinerary.    image.thumb.png.a538e8c0680a454bfbc9db8206c9c8ad.png

14 minutes ago, CruiserKris34 said:

Thanks for the response!  Below is what I see, but was hoping to see the port name or if a tender, a name of an area where we go from the ship (for Ocho Rios & Key West).  That way, i can look at the area to see what shopping & restaurants are there.  The invoice from my TA does not have much info at all, including even the itinerary.    image.thumb.png.a538e8c0680a454bfbc9db8206c9c8ad.png

Look on your invoice the TA sent. Find the confirmation number. That is what you need.  Take that number go to the website and click “manage my cruise”.  Use that confirmation number and your name to go to your personalized page.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Look on your invoice the TA sent. Find the confirmation number. That is what you need.  Take that number go to the website and click “manage my cruise”.  Use that confirmation number and your name to go to your personalized page.  

Here is an example.   

Removed after op saw it, no need for invoice anymore

Edited by Mary229
  • Thanks 1

There are two ships in Ocho Rios on Jan 25, and I suspect Carnival Glory will have the main dock and unless they have enlarged it to accommodate two ships, you will be at the James Bond dock.  Also two ships in Key West.  Suspect you will be at B dock and Brilliance of the Seas will be at the Navy dock.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I’ve never visited Ocho Rios but all the others will be within walking distance to shops once you disembark from ship or tender.  

• Thanks 1

We have the very same itinerary Dec 3-10.  Don't be surprised if KWest is changed to Bimini Bahamas especially if there is another ship in port that day.  Ours was changed from KW to Bimini.  Speculation on our roll call was that KWest doesn't want that much cruise ship traffic.  Gr Cayman & HMC are definitely tender ports.  Last visit to HMC, tendering went very quick & smooth, seems like that depends on how many ships there are that day.  Have fun

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We have the very same itinerary Dec 3-10.  Don't be surprised if KWest is changed to Bimini Bahamas especially if there is another ship in port that day.  Ours was changed from KW to Bimini.  Speculation on our roll call was that KWest doesn't want that much cruise ship traffic.  Gr Cayman & HMC are definitely tender ports.  Last visit to HMC, tendering went very quick & smooth, seems like that depends on how many ships there are that day.  Have fun

Thanks for the info!  Darn, we have never been to Key West, but the Bahamas are beautiful.  We are beach people, so really looking forward to Half Moon Cay!  I'm always surprised that you rarely find an excursion that takes you to a beach for more than 3 hours.  Have fun!!!  Kris

1 hour ago, CruiserKris34 said:

Thanks for the info!  Darn, we have never been to Key West, but the Bahamas are beautiful.  We are beach people, so really looking forward to Half Moon Cay!  I'm always surprised that you rarely find an excursion that takes you to a beach for more than 3 hours.  Have fun!!!  Kris

For us, we are on a B2B. The 1st cruise has kept KWest on itinerary, 2nd changed to Bimini.  So I was kind of happy with the change after reading reviews on Bimini.  It seems like a good beachy option.  HMC does have beautiful clear water & is a wonderful beach day.  🙂

• Thanks 1