Nieuw Statendam WIFI

CherryG

Leaving on Saturday on the NS and wondering about how the WIFI is.  I haven't purchased yet, but do need to keep in contact with home.  Normally I've found WIFI next to impossible on ships, but it has been 4 years since I cruised.  Anyone been on the NS lately and can comment for me?  Thank you.

12 minutes ago, CherryG said:

Leaving on Saturday on the NS and wondering about how the WIFI is.  I haven't purchased yet, but do need to keep in contact with home.  Normally I've found WIFI next to impossible on ships, but it has been 4 years since I cruised.  Anyone been on the NS lately and can comment for me?  Thank you.

From mediocre to bad.  As the ships get more crowded the connection will get worse.  (Sept experience)

1 minute ago, Damcruiser said:

From mediocre to bad.  As the ships get more crowded the connection will get worse.  (Sept experience)

Was Wifi good enough to get/send emails?  Texts w/photos?  I hope to check in with our pet sitter using emails or texts.

19 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Was Wifi good enough to get/send emails?  Texts w/photos?  I hope to check in with our pet sitter using emails or texts.

You won't have much problem with e mails and texts. On sea days the demand will be high on the bandwidth will be high.

• Thanks 1

We disembarked the NS yesterday after spending 28 days onboard.  We had the Wifi package and used it a lot, all for emails, texts w/photos and social media.  There were very few times I had any problems using it.  When doing Facetime with the grandkids, we did that in port and used our T-mobile coverage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Damcruiser said:

How was embarkation?  Did cruisers get processed by time slots or was it a free-for-all?

We embarked in Quebec City and it went very well, at least in our case.  Right after we arrived around 11-11:30, they called for all 4 and 5-star Mariners to board.  But friends who arrived shortly after us didn't have as good an experience -- sorry I don't remember their circumstances.