Juneau excursion question on Bliss Alaska itinerary

Jetswdo

For those of you who did the Alaska Bliss itinerary this past summer, I was just wondering about Juneau-- the port time is short- 7 am to all aboard at 12:30.---

Was the Endicott small boat excursion to the glaciers still offered by NCL for the Bliss?  Thanks in advance for info.

12 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

For those of you who did the Alaska Bliss itinerary this past summer, I was just wondering about Juneau-- the port time is short- 7 am to all aboard at 12:30.---

Was the Endicott small boat excursion to the glaciers still offered by NCL for the Bliss?  Thanks in advance for info.

I do not have information about this past summer.  But I've been on that excursion and it is unquestionably the best excursion I've ever been on.  

We did the Tracy Arms excursion out of Juneau on the Encore last summer and it was amazing. Part of why you leave early is because the ship does it's own sailing around the glaciers. No one wants to look at glaciers in the dark - hence the early departure time.

Those small excursions to get up close to the glaciers is 100% worth it if you've never done it before. 

6 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I do not have information about this past summer.  But I've been on that excursion and it is unquestionably the best excursion I've ever been on.  

Just rub it in!!! I was so close.... Did my whale excursion in Juneau, then rushed back to the ship only to find the last minute cancellation notice.  And by then it was too late to go back to town. Booo.

But I did make up the missed time in Juneau my next trip - A full day in Juneau, then an unscheduled 2nd day because of weather. so missed Skagway that time.  Hoping to book another trip with the Juneau/Tracy Arm combo so I can try again.

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Just rub it in!!! I was so close.... Did my whale excursion in Juneau, then rushed back to the ship only to find the last minute cancellation notice.  And by then it was too late to go back to town. Booo.

But I did make up the missed time in Juneau my next trip - A full day in Juneau, then an unscheduled 2nd day because of weather. so missed Skagway that time.  Hoping to book another trip with the Juneau/Tracy Arm combo so I can try again.

That what we did, morning with Alaska Humpback Adventures small boat whale watch (highly recommend) and afternoon on the Tracy Arms excursion.  Made for a busy day, but it was probably one of the best days on a cruise we ever had.

Has anyone done these excursions when the ship has an afternoon visit to Juneau? Our scheduled timing is 2:30-11pm on the Encore in July 2024 ( I know things can change as we are far out). I noticed that there are two versions of the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer (5hr and 7hr) other than time is there a difference? I would love to do both the whale watching and then the glacier tour, but not sure how it would fit together.

I appreciate the comments, but  I need to know specifically, whether or not for the BLISS, Juneau time is 7:00- 12:30 (all aboard time)-- this specific excursion- the one where a small boat meets the cruise ship - 5 hours? and goes through the glaciers (assuming that ice isn't a problem) was actually available during the last summer when this was the short schedule for Juneau.  So please, anyone who did the Alaska 7 day trip on the BLISS this past summer and knows about this, I sure would appreciate comments.   

19 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

I appreciate the comments, but  I need to know specifically, whether or not for the BLISS, Juneau time is 7:00- 12:30 (all aboard time)-- this specific excursion- the one where a small boat meets the cruise ship - 5 hours? and goes through the glaciers (assuming that ice isn't a problem) was actually available during the last summer when this was the short schedule for Juneau.  So please, anyone who did the Alaska 7 day trip on the BLISS this past summer and knows about this, I sure would appreciate comments.   

Yes. The Glacier Explorer ShoreEx was offered. Ice is not a problem for the small boat. 

38 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Yes, it was offered on the Bliss. And the timing allowed for taking a morning excursion - I believe the meeting time was about 1 hour before all aboard. But subject to cancellation based on weather conditions.