When will Adventure of the Seas have Starlink?

cjoyner

Headed out for a short cruise in early January and I would love to see if Starlink will provide good enough service for me to potentially take longer cruises without taking time off. I work remotely and am currently limited by PTO days. 

2 hours ago, cjoyner said:

Headed out for a short cruise in early January and I would love to see if Starlink will provide good enough service for me to potentially take longer cruises without taking time off. 

Welcome to CC. 

Depending on your connection requirements, the current legacy sat connection on Adventure might be enough. The main thing Starlink will provide is much lower latency.

11 minutes ago, cjoyner said:

Will the lower latency make that possible?

The Stream tier of Voom with the current version of internet on Adventure should accommodate that - Starlink will just make it perhaps slightly better, though both will be subject to outages during heavy storms/cloud cover.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cjoyner said:

Headed out for a short cruise in early January and I would love to see if Starlink will provide good enough service for me to potentially take longer cruises without taking time off. I work remotely and am currently limited by PTO days. 

Starlink has been installed on the Adventure, and Mr. Voom is configuring it as I type this.

3 hours ago, trenton107 said:

I’ve been on Adventure for the last 13ish days and haven’t had any trouble with Zoom or Google Meet. Don’t use Teams so I can’t speak to it. 

I was on surf and it was dismal. Did a speed test and it was .486 mbps. Switched over to surf & stream and it’s 3.77 mbps which is decent. 

13 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’m on Adventure now and Starlink has been installed but not fully functional or available yet.  The crew were given free 24 hours a few days ago as a trial run.  Currently, Wi-Fi sucks on the ship.

7 hours ago, trenton107 said:

I’ve been on Adventure for the last 13ish days and haven’t had any trouble with Zoom or Google Meet. Don’t use Teams so I can’t speak to it. 

I, too, have been quite satisfied with wifi on this cruise.  🙂