Can't login to Royal's website with new laptop?

JAMESCC

Every since I got my new laptop I can't login to Royal's website. It gives me a message that it has my info but log me and try a different time but its been a month now. I have location turned on. I'm really confused here. Thanks for any help.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, SG65CB said:

Try a different browser on that laptop to see if the problem is browser-related.

Try Chrome, Edge, Firefox. If the laptop only comes with Edge you can install the other two. 

On 11/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, Longford said:

I have a 2 week-old HP laptop and I can access the RCL website without problems.  I'm currently using Microsoft Edge.

I'm using Chrome but I tried Edge and that didn't work. I just tried incognito and that didn't work. I'm kinda out of ideas here!

17 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

I'm using Chrome but I tried Edge and that didn't work. I just tried incognito and that didn't work. I'm kinda out of ideas here!

All you can do is try to narrow down where the problem lies. There is a whole string of possibilities and you can try to eliminate each until you find the problem. The next step would be to determine if the problem is with your computer or with your account on the RC website.

Try logging in to your account on another computer. Even if this has worked in the past, try it now in case something has changed on the RC website.

If you cannot log in on another computer then we know the problem is with your account because other people are able to log in. 

If a different computer works then the next thing I'd try is take your new laptop to another location such as a coffee shop and connect to their wifi, then try to log in. This would show if RC has an issue with your internet provider or IP address. 

Unless someone here had the same problem and can describe what they did to fix it, it's just a game of elimination.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:23 PM, SG65CB said:

All you can do is try to narrow down where the problem lies. There is a whole string of possibilities and you can try to eliminate each until you find the problem. The next step would be to determine if the problem is with your computer or with your account on the RC website.

Try logging in to your account on another computer. Even if this has worked in the past, try it now in case something has changed on the RC website.

If you cannot log in on another computer then we know the problem is with your account because other people are able to log in. 

If a different computer works then the next thing I'd try is take your new laptop to another location such as a coffee shop and connect to their wifi, then try to log in. This would show if RC has an issue with your internet provider or IP address. 

Unless someone here had the same problem and can describe what they did to fix it, it's just a game of elimination.

I logged in with my Kindle with no issue. Does that tell us anything? Oh i like the second suggestion, I will take my laptop to my in-laws and try there. Something tells me it has to do with IP address. Thanks for the suggestions. 

If you are on a Windows laptop. You should check the Credentials Vault. (type in credential manager into search window>web credentials> delete anything pertaining to RCL)

You might have accidently keyed in incorrect password. And every time you attempt to login to website the incorrect login and password is presented.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/accessing-credential-manager-1b5c916a-6a16-889f-8581-fc16e8165ac0 )

Other things to check

-do you use a 3rd party password manager? if so check the information in that app to make sure info is correct , if not delete any info pertaining to RCL website.

-did you hit the "remember my password and login info for Chrome browser, if so delete info pertaining to RCL website. ( https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606 ) 

-Install Brave or firefox browser and make sure it is not a browser issue. Both are safe browsers to install.

If you kindle works, definitely not an IP block as it would block your kindle also since it is using same IP scope as your laptop (if using same access point).

Good luck!

• Like 1